Archived TL looking to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planosss

User friendly.
As you guys know I am a big advocate of getting information from the store one works at. However, this inquiry is of the nature where I can’t ask anyone at the store without revealing my intentions.

does anyone know the process for a leader to transfer. Would I have to find a store with the same position that I am currently in?
For example if I am a consumables TL, will I be able to transfer to another store as a GSTL (given the gstl position is open)
How long does the process takes? Is the process longer if the transfer store is out of state?
Will I suffer a cut in pay?

As you guys know I am a big advocate of getting information from the store one works at. However, this inquiry is of the nature where I can’t ask anyone at the store without revealing my intentions.

does anyone know the process for a leader to transfer. Would I have to find a store with the same position that I am currently in?
For example if I am a consumables TL, will I be able to transfer to another store as a GSTL (given the gstl position is open)
How long does the process takes? Is the process longer if the transfer store is out of state?
Will I suffer a cut in pay?
You don’t have to transfer into the same TL position. If your HR and/or STL don’t back you, you’re out of luck. The process could be quick, it could take a while, depends how open you are to taking a different position. As far as pay goes, it shouldn’t go down unless you’re a senior and take a regular TL position, it could go up if you move to a higher COL state. Give your store as much notice in advance as possible.

I’ll also add to be proactive. Have your store reach out even if there aren’t openings on the career page. You never know if someone is on a final or retiring. The position has to be posted to give an equal chance to everyone, so if it’s an out of state transfer, give them a timeline on when you can realistically start. Don’t expect a store to hold a spot for months.

Last edited:
You don’t have to transfer into the same TL position. If your HR and/or STL don’t back you, you’re out of luck. The process could be quick, it could take a while, depends how open you are to taking a different position. As far as pay goes, it shouldn’t go down unless you’re a senior and take a regular TL position, it could go up if you move to a higher COL state. Give your store as much notice in advance as possible.

I’ll also add to be proactive. Have your store reach out even if there aren’t openings on the career page. You never know if someone is on a final or retiring. The position has to be posted to give an equal chance to everyone, so if it’s an out of state transfer, give them a timeline on when you can realistically start. Don’t expect a store to hold a spot for months.
What would be some reasons HR/STL might not back a transfer?
If there aren’t any documented performance issues/attendance issues.
I am on very good terms with my STL/HR. I can understand why leaving the store might create animosity. Can pure spite be used as a hindrance?

They’re essentially putting their names and reputation on you. Problem people don’t get moved around, they get performanced out. Would you back every team member for a transfer or promotion? If you have no documented issues, you should have no problem getting their support. Transferring shouldn’t cause animosity, life happens. They rotate as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back