Archived TL Partnerships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was wondering what TLs do you guys tend to partner with the most in order to better manage your workcenter. Do you guys rely on peer relationships to get things done?

I am a FATL, I partner mostly with my GSTL and SBTL with covering breaks and also cross training.

As a GSTL I also partnered with our recovery TL (team leader in charge for closing) since they help me out a lot during guest first calls.

Our GSTL's and FATL partner, and our FATL rotates on the GSA/GSTL schedule.

Our consumables TL's and hardlines TL's have close partnerships.

Our softlines TL's and price change TL's also work closely together.

As GSTL I partnered with every TL mostly since we're an ULV store I not only had to take care of the cashiers, service desk,carts,guests,etc I was expected to set some of the CL end caps and fill/stock everything on the front. When it was slow I even went to the backroom to pull stock for onespot. So I worked with pretty much everybody.
As a SBTL I mostly partner with the GSTL as I watch her team for her when she's not there and she watches mine. I also partner with the PMT as he's in charge of cleanliness and brand issues. Very important for Steritech issues/visits. I have a good relationship with the backroom team and receiving too. They let me know as soon as my order is in and I'll ask them to watch out for my SAP orders.

I work on the salesfloor and as a team trainer and digital advisor I kind of deal with everyone no matter what. I don't have a choice. MyDevices go down, everyone comes to me... Like I am the prophet of the TCwireless network.

Thanks for the answers guys. I find it interesting how certain work centers partner with others more closely. For me, as SBTL, I tend to partner closely with our FATL and right now I'm trying to establish a closer relationship with our CTL as well.

Thanks for the answers guys. I find it interesting how certain work centers partner with others more closely. For me, as SBTL, I tend to partner closely with our FATL and right now I'm trying to establish a closer relationship with our CTL as well.

Partnering with your peers can be very beneficial especially between certain work centers. I've experienced both conditions and can tell you for a fact that it is rare but posible. The partnerships between ETLs will have a lot to do with how easy or hard this can be to achive. Having a store with global leadership is all about culture. All of our processes are meant to work together so it's only logical to assume leadership partnerships will lead to better store processes.

I find those of us who are cross-trained or better at seeing the bigger picture are more apt to partner with other work centers.

As a HL TM/PA I was always partnering with Instocks for counts (til we took it on) and FLOW or POG for best practice issues. Or pricing for where I merchandised the clearance.

As signing I now network with POG, every TL in the building (salesplanners), PMT, Receiving, backroom, cosmetics brand TM, and the guy who does tune-in tuesdays. And the softlines girls and the GSTL who plans POGS for the CL.

BUt I was trained for Pricing, POG and Instocks before I came to signing. I have worked and learned the entire life cycle of a product through the store. And I've seen how it can impact the process if one of us gets offline or out of step. Communication is a big opportunity for our store, so I try to make sure I do what I can for what I impact.

As a PA my partnerships with Flow TL/BRTL/Log ETL are immensely valuable. I would put them beyond partnerships with my own CTL. Food Ave, Starbuck's, and Myself all think of ourselves as one Steritech team, as if one of us falls, as do we all, lmao.

I partner with Plano a lot when we have huge market transitions, so I can prep for them to give them an easier time to set (In the end causing me less problems when it is not rushed). I have also gone overnight to help them with extreme transitions.

I'm a Softlines TL and I partner up with a few TLs for different things.

Plano/Pricing TL: We communicate about VAs to make sure price change hits up areas before my team goes in to reset. For presentation I make
sure I have areas cleared out for clearance. When her team resets my areas she keeps my discontinued merchandise seperated and will flex it out if time permits. I also help her out when she's on vacation or if she's short on people.

Hardlines TL: We work opposite schedules so we keep an eye on each others teams. We make sure our endcaps are full and that all clearance is pushed out.

Flow TL: I borrow her TMs if I am flooding in reshop. If her team is behind or shorthanded my team will help out for a bit.

Backroom TL: I try not to have any softlines backstock, except for baby of course. She will hmu if she sees any softlines backstock. I also 4x4 areas that her instocks team scans. I save time by not scanning outs and her team saves time by not having to superzone areas as they scan.

GSTLs: I cover lunches and breaks, if no GSA or other GSTL is scheduled. In return they help me out with rewrap or if the lanes are slow they have cashiers help me out.

I don't talk to any Food TLs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back