Archived TM and cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the Target app on my phone all the time, especially when finding the aisle number for items for guests needing help. It's a good way to get guests to download the Target app when they see how it helps them shop. I had a guest looking for a particular item and was getting rather testy when we couldn't find it. Pulled up the target app and found it was only available online. Sheepish guest thanked me and moved on.

Scanning items also helps with reshop, especially when e2e has me pushing in areas where i have little experience. 30 seconds on the phone saves minutes on the floor. And, I will say, I've used the camera on my phone to snap a picture of a unreadable tag to enlarge it so I can capture the DPCI. My TL is totally supportive and she has seen how I use my phone. A LOD was watching me with my phone once, came over and I showed him what I was doing and questions stopped. Until my store has Zebras and other devices available, the only way I can do my job is with my phone.

The main thing is to make sure they've got our store set as default. The app sets a not-very-nearby store as default, so getting them to set the right store is the challenge. Especially since I don't remember when or how I set my store as default (online vs. in the app), but whatever.

Until my store has Zebras and other devices available, the only way I can do my job is with my phone.

Yes, this.

Hmm don’t remember this at my orientation, let allow sign for the form in California. This must’ve happened after the lawsuit in California.
“Don’t handle a guest’s personal device” I do that on daily basis. I always ask first if I may hold it and look for the DPCI. Some guest do not know how to scroll so I’ll just take over.

I don't use their devices, but I have caught myself before touching their touchscreens to get down to "more details" or whatever. I'm getting better at having them navigate while I talk them through it. I would take their device if they specifically said "you drive!" or similar and handed it to me, but otherwise I try to not be too controlling with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back