Archived TM taking guest survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever gotten caught taking a guest survey? If so, is the penalty necessarily termination?

I'm actually rather surprised that you got a survey offer on your receipt. I havent' seen once since I started working here. I assumed that use of the TM discount bypassed that script.

Yes they have. I did it but I posted it well away from my personal devices and made the details vague enough to obscure my identity. If your store can trace it to you, they will fire you.

The survey is not a TM reporting tool.

A guest survey from your own receipt? Don't do that, silly.
A guest survey from some other random receipt? Go ahead.

I took it from a receipt left by a customer, but since I rang them and for some dumb reason gave my email address, which includes my name, they did trace it to me. HR ETL says she has to talk to her HR Partner and doesn't know what is going to happen. Was hoping it wouldn't be that bad, but?

Good grief. You put your name & email address? That changes things, buddy.
In regular circumstances, nobody is sitting around studying guest survey ip address info or whatever. If a team member does a survey it's fine, they don't know. Do 50 surveys and it's sus.
Target is not the fbi.

yeah i know...idk what i was thinking, never put my info before.

what is bp?

Last edited:
yeah, they already know it's me...what I'm asking is if they will terminate me or not

If I understand correctly, you used a guest receipt to complete a survey on yourself. Using your own name & email address. That's...not a good look. First, using a guest receipt isn't cool. Second, reviewing yourself is extremely not cool. Third, putting your name & email means they have zero plausible deniability here and they can't just pretend they didn't know and let it slide under the radar. It's like when my kids sneak stuff they're not supposed to have and leave wrappers and shit in plain site. I don't really want to punish them but when they make it so damn obvious I have to and it pisses me off.

It's bad judgement compounded several times, and since you handle money on the regular, they can't really ignore it. Sorry.

If I understand correctly, you used a guest receipt to complete a survey on yourself. Using your own name & email address. That's...not a good look. First, using a guest receipt isn't cool. Second, reviewing yourself is extremely not cool. Third, putting your name & email means they have zero plausible deniability here and they can't just pretend they didn't know and let it slide under the radar. It's like when my kids sneak stuff they're not supposed to have and leave wrappers and shit in plain site. I don't really want to punish them but when they make it so damn obvious I have to and it pisses me off.

It's bad judgement compounded several times, and since you handle money on the regular, they can't really ignore it. Sorry.
The point wasn't to review myself, it was to review the store, and basically complain about something in particular that I didn't like that happened and that many customers were complaining to me about that night. I did tell guests who complained to take the survey. One guest was on the phone with corporate while corporate was on the phone with the closing TL. This was going on as the guest was ringing herself in SCO. She had the person at the guest service phone line she called on speaker and he was saying the TL was denying what the guest was complaining about. I don't even remember what I rated any questions about myself as. The ETL HR did say in passing that if I was saying that I was a great cashier in the survey, that would be a different story. Been there almost 4 years. no write ups or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back