Archived TM's being disrespectful

Status
Not open for further replies.
My signing TM has been very disrespectful to me lately, questioning every decision I make, complaining about so many things, and not being very cooperative. He gets his stuff done, but if it's not in his signing workload he will object. What do I do about a tm that is too comfortable around me?

I have coached him before on how he needs to be more respectful, but he sees it as me just trying to make him mad...what do I do..

Without knowing more about the dynamics between you and your signing TM/team culture it's hard to say. If I were you I'd partner with your ETL or another ETL who could provide some advice.
I'd also suggest having a seek to understand conversation with the TM to see where he's at and what's really going on in his own words. That's usually worked for me with strong personality type team members.

My signing TM has been very disrespectful to me lately, questioning every decision I make, complaining about so many things, and not being very cooperative. He gets his stuff done, but if it's not in his signing workload he will object. What do I do about a tm that is too comfortable around me?

I have coached him before on how he needs to be more respectful, but he sees it as me just trying to make him mad...what do I do..
As a signing tm that gets tons of extra stuff shoved on them....why shouldn't he push back if it's not in his workload? Are you actually asking and considering his response or is it a token effort that's meant to alert him he needs to do it or else?

I find if I don't immediately say yes and get whatever favor/ task done I'm accused of having an attitude. Just because we don't cave to your demands doesn't make me uncooperative. If I use my 28.5hrs to do non- signing I don't get it back. Nobody ever pitches in to help me set signs. But I'm expected to fix, set and replace every sign in the store plus fixtures.

As a signing tm that gets tons of extra stuff shoved on them....why shouldn't he push back if it's not in his workload? Are you actually asking and considering his response or is it a token effort that's meant to alert him he needs to do it or else?

I find if I don't immediately say yes and get whatever favor/ task done I'm accused of having an attitude. Just because we don't cave to your demands doesn't make me uncooperative. If I use my 28.5hrs to do non- signing I don't get it back. Nobody ever pitches in to help me set signs. But I'm expected to fix, set and replace every sign in the store plus fixtures.

I completely agree with the push-back but I think there's a right and wrong way to push back on your leaders, and when TMs do it the wrong way it comes across as attitude. The right way is to explain the situation and ask questions. For example, leader asks signing TM to help POG team for a few hours. Signing TM says "I'm happy to help but it will impact my ability to finish (insert task here) because I am currently scheduled in signing. Which would you prefer I do right now?" That way the pushback is (hopefully) seen as respectful.

In that situation I would legitimately be asking to find out what's going on and would consider his responses to try and make changes that would be beneficial for the team/team member.

I completely agree with the push-back but I think there's a right and wrong way to push back on your leaders, and when TMs do it the wrong way it comes across as attitude. The right way is to explain the situation and ask questions. For example, leader asks signing TM to help POG team for a few hours. Signing TM says "I'm happy to help but it will impact my ability to finish (insert task here) because I am currently scheduled in signing. Which would you prefer I do right now?" That way the pushback is (hopefully) seen as respectful.

In that situation I would legitimately be asking to find out what's going on and would consider his responses to try and make changes that would be beneficial for the team/team member.
If I said that is attitude. Business needs. I keep a desk calendar of what I got done each day. Every once in awhile when they question why I'm not done some project I offer to tally how many signing hours they owe me over the time I've done this...year and a half...it's probably thousands of hours. Truck unload here, pog there, market there...

...I've tried phrasing it every way I can. My pptl micromanages and asks every hour or so how it's going...which results in walking in circles literally just checking on progress while she gets nothing done. She then volunteers us for truck, etc to try to be one of the cool kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back