To That One Guest - II

Would we benefit from something like Walmart's former "Mobile Express Scan & Go" thing? Customers could pick up bags to bag stuff, and scan their items with a scanner or their mobile phone, then scan the barcode at the self-checkout, and pay the total in the POS.
Krogers here in the area also have something similar.

Walmart pulls plug on Mobile Express Scan & Go - https://www.supermarketnews.com/news/walmart-pulls-plug-mobile-express-scan-go

https://www.kroger.com/d/scan-bag-go
We have scammers who will scan other barcodes and not the barcodes on the items.

yeah that's not right.

having SCO means you can check out ~4x as many people as a regular lane can with the same staff level. it does NOT mean you can do 4x as many people in the same amount of time.
This is the train of thought that management has. There are times when there is no one scheduled at SCO and that means they do not have to pay anyone while those guests check themselves out.

This is the train of thought that management has. There are times when there is no one scheduled at SCO and that means they do not have to pay anyone while those guests check themselves out.

Barcode scammers must be very greatful. When a business is too cheap to protect themselves from loss, they pay the five finger discount Stupidity Tax.🙄😂

*guest comes up with a pair of headphones*
Guest: “I wanted to purchase this color,” *shows me picture on phone of same headphones but different color* “but you’re out of stock of it. You have them in this color, but this color is more expensive. Can I get the more expensive color for the same price as the cheaper color since you’re out of stock?”
Me: “no, the reason these ones cost more is probably because they’re more popular than the other color. Sorry we don’t have those ones but we can’t change the price just because a different option is out of stock.”
Guest: “but they’re exactly the same thing.”
Me: “I know, it’s really annoying they do that, I feel your pain since when I bought my headphones I wanted the rose gold ones and those are $20 more expensive than every other color. But since that’s the color I wanted I just had to do it.”
Guest: *getting angry* “so YOU failed to properly stock enough of this color and *I* have to pay for your mistake?”
Me: “first of all, Target doesn’t have any control over how much we’re sent of something. Secondly, even if we did, I am the lowest person on this totem pole so no, it wouldn’t be my fault. We probably ran out because they’re the cheaper option and so people chose those instead, sucks. They’re in stock online though so if you are really dead set on that price then you can buy them online.”
Guest: “I need them today.”
Me: “well we don’t have them here so you can either get the more expensive color or pick a different kind.”
Guest: “let me speak to someone else.”

Ended up arguing with 2 other GSTLs until he finally gave up and left lol.

TTOG: Yes, I realize I'm not "Cashier Speed Demon" but if people have orders that take up most of the belt, yes it may take more that 3 minutes to finish, so cool it. I'm going as fast as I possibly can given my disability. So a solution for you: Dont come to my lane if you see it's full of crap and there's no room for your stuff. Or, go to another line. It's not that difficult really. :p:rolleyes:

TTOG: Yes, I realize I'm not "Cashier Speed Demon" but if people have orders that take up most of the belt, yes it may take more that 3 minutes to finish, so cool it. I'm going as fast as I possibly can given my disability. So a solution for you: Dont come to my lane if you see it's full of crap and there's no room for your stuff. Or, go to another line. It's not that difficult really. :p:rolleyes:

Fuck that guest and don't worry about your speed. Engage with the guest who is currently checking out. If Gertrude is mad, like you said, she can go to a different line :)

That's just the epitome of our entitled guests. They believe that Target has employees just waiting around and at the ready so that when they decide they want to buy something that it will be ready for them in minutes. No thought given to the fact that it takes time to pull and package their order, or...OMG, that there are orders ahead of theirs. Ugh.

I feel like younger millennial guests don’t pull this shit as often as the baby boomers.

Millennial: “Is this 30% off?”
Me: “No, sorry, the sticker is the price”
Millennial: “Oh ok, I’ll just put it back then” or “Oh ok, I’ll still buy it”

Baby Boomer: “THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 30% OFF”
Me: “I’m sorry, the price on the sticker is the clearance price”
Baby Boomer: “WHERES YOUR MANAGER IT SAID 30% OFF ON THE SIGN ILL SHOW YOU RIGHT NOW”
Omg, I feel like these quotes are my life on a daily basis--minus the OPU part lol.

Oh, you'd like to be out of the store quickly, yet you have a cart that's loaded to the brim??? Nope, sorry, that's going to take more than a minute to ring up. Unlike some cashiers that just throw things in a bag willy-nilly, I actually do care about what will soon be your property and that some of it's breakable.

So that shirt is supposed to be 30% off the sticker? Well, the sticker says *AS IS*, that's different than a clearance item, try again, Susan.

I feel like younger millennial guests don’t pull this shit as often as the baby boomers.

Millennial: “Is this 30% off?”
Me: “No, sorry, the sticker is the price”
Millennial: “Oh ok, I’ll just put it back then” or “Oh ok, I’ll still buy it”

Baby Boomer: “THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 30% OFF”
Me: “I’m sorry, the price on the sticker is the clearance price”
Baby Boomer: “WHERES YOUR MANAGER IT SAID 30% OFF ON THE SIGN ILL SHOW YOU RIGHT NOW”
Isn't it ironic that it's baby boomers that call millennials entitled? :rolleyes:

Same experience at my store, people that look under 30 rarely ask to speak to a manager. Maybe it's happened just once in my 5 years working here. It's mostly cranky people over 40.

Isn't it ironic that it's baby boomers that call millennials entitled? :rolleyes:

Same experience at my store, people that look under 30 rarely ask to speak to a manager. Maybe it's happened just once in my 5 years working here. It's mostly cranky people over 40.

Yup, except the youngest Boomers are in their mid-50's (54 to be precise)... those demanding, cranky folks in their 40's are a whole 'nother breed of Snowflake!

Well...after being in "training" for a few days now, getting familiar on how to use the "zebra/mydevice"

To the guest who was so adamant on needing your precious "toilet light." And stating that "Target does sell them, look! You're probably not doing it right!" *Proceeds to show me her phone with a general Google search on said item*. After trying to explain that after searching the database, and getting another Team Member to help, only to come up with...yep, same results, I hope a flashlight will suffice for your needs....

:rolleyes:

TTOG:
My lights were off, Cafe closes at 8 PM. My hotcase is off, my food has expired for the evening. I need to toss it. You come in, and want my food. I can't give my food to you. It's expired. I can get fired for serving it. You tell your son the "white girl" won't let him eat. You make him cry to make a scene, call me a racist even though the chick behind you was white. I turned her away just like how I did you. Yeah, I will get a manager. Of course she agrees with me. Serving expired food is against policy.

I almost felt bad seeing your son cry. I even second-guessed and wondered if I should cave. But when my ETL offered you and your son free food from the deli you DENIED. THE. FREE. FOOD. So I KNOW you were looking for handouts. And not just any handouts but SPECIFIC handouts from ME. And in the process you call me a racist. Why? Because I care about if your son gets ill? Now he's crying and you have him thinking he's gonna starve when YOU were the one who denied him free food.

Well...after being in "training" for a few days now, getting familiar on how to use the "zebra/mydevice"

To the guest who was so adamant on needing your precious "toilet light." And stating that "Target does sell them, look! You're probably not doing it right!" *Proceeds to show me her phone with a general Google search on said item*. After trying to explain that after searching the database, and getting another Team Member to help, only to come up with...yep, same results, I hope a flashlight will suffice for your needs....

:rolleyes:
I checked and it's outta stock. And besides... Why does someone want their shit to light up???

I got a call in guest service the other day about someone wanting to place an order at the cafe and i was like uh we don’t do that over the phone and they were like “Jesus fucking Christ I’ll just come in then” and I was like “okay sounds good” but inside I was like “pls don’t :(

I checked and it's outta stock. And besides... Why does someone want their shit to light up???
Up front, I don't have one, but I've seen them. It's to avoid turning on the light in the middle of the night and blinding yourself, followed by walking night blind back to the bed and stepping on things. You lift the lid and a little nightlight on the lid turns on, which helps women sit in the right place and men control where their stream goes. Shut the lid, it turns off, and you can see the way back to bed and not step on anything along the way.

TTOG - while returning two pairs of jeans today I asked if there was anything wrong with them. You replied “no” and as I started the return process you proceeded to explain that you had only worn the one pair for about 6 hours but didn’t like how they fit.
😧
Ewww! Both pairs were defected. No one shops here for used clothes. This isn’t Goodwill. But thanks for saving those tags so I didn’t have to reach inside the pants to find the item number. Thank god for hand sanitizer.

TTOG - while returning two pairs of jeans today I asked if there was anything wrong with them. You replied “no” and as I started the return process you proceeded to explain that you had only worn the one pair for about 6 hours but didn’t like how they fit.
😧
Ewww! Both pairs were defected. No one shops here for used clothes. This isn’t Goodwill. But thanks for saving those tags so I didn’t have to reach inside the pants to find the item number. Thank god for hand sanitizer.
I would’ve defected too but I don’t think it’s that gross. I mean it’s pants not underwear

Back