To That One Guest - II

Properly fitting masks on a sick person protects the public, but a mask on a healthy person does bupkis and even can heighten their risk of getting sick. And that all is dependent on an infinite supply of masks. Every mask that a healthy person is wearing is one less mask for health care workers. If you or a loved one gets sick enough to need hospital care, do you want to catch an additional illness or two (like COVID-19and influenza at once) because health care workers didn't have enough masks to keep cross contamination from happening and improvisation fell short?

TTOG, respect social distancing and don't pooh-pooh it as you walk away from me after I answered your question. How do you know I have not been exposed to the virus? Did you know that people can spread it before they start showing symptoms? Please, for all our sakes and your own, be smarter. At least until all this is over. Then you can go back to being stupid.

TTOG, respect social distancing and don't pooh-pooh it as you walk away from me after I answered your question. How do you know I have not been exposed to the virus? Did you know that people can spread it before they start showing symptoms? Please, for all our sakes and your own, be smarter. At least until all this is over. Then you can go back to being stupid.
Stupid never takes a vacation.

Given that people can spread the virus while asymptomatic or presymptomic, if we had an infinite supply of masks it would be best for everyone to wear them out in public. However. We do not have an infinite supply of masks, so they must go to those that need them and no those idiots who wear them around their necks or mess with them constantly or pull them down to bitch at their cashier for bagging their stuff wrong or whatever shit people get up to with their masks that defeats their purpose.

To Those Market Guests (and you KNOW who you are):
There were four TMs unpacking & stocking foodstuffs as fast as they could but you slowed them down by demanding they look for certain items on their uboat.
One lady in particular not only asked for an uncommon item but wanted a specific brand, another was trying to dig thru boxes on one TM's uboat until he asked her to stop because she knocked several things off.
If they're busy in one aisle give them time to be able to glance thru their uboat before making demands.
I witnessed this because I was the one responding to clean up the resulting mess.
FFS people, cool your jets :mad:
The way i do this, if your polite+ zebra says on hand+ I'm not busy, and your willing to give me 5-10 minutes I'll gladly go dig thru my freight cage... otherwise you get told to check back tommrow when we get to process todays freight.

@commiecorvus That Buzzfeed article is so on point. In-store traffic at my store is quite low (online orders are a whole other thing), so I can't say I'm dealing with a crowded sales floor. But it makes me crazy when I see a 10-year-old not being well supervised, touching toys and then wandering around girls' clothing ... Just want to smack the parent who thinks this is ok. Worse were the two boys, a teenager and maybe 5 years old, bouncing balls in the toy aisles. Oh yeah, plural - they brought the balls out to the space between Toys & MMB so they had more room to play. Really? Virtual smack for their parents too.

TTOG1: Thank goodness you only had about 15 items, and moved over to the empty register after paying (we are using every other one to better separate) but no our wipies on the registers are not there so you can wipe down each of your items before you put them in the bag. I said you are welcome to bring your own wipies next time and do that to your items, ideally at your house or at your car before you bring them in. We are not supplying disinfectant and and wipes for individual items.

TTOG2: You were very pleasant but I don't see how you think it is appropriate for you to scan 90% of your items for Circle when you have an overflowing cart (over $400 worth of food, bath, and chemicals). You weren't particularly quick about it either and there were people waiting after the first 3 minutes of your 25 minute+ Circle use. I think you may have saved $8 total after all that. I offered to give you a $5 coupon if you stopped after getting through about 1/4 of your cart and just let me ring you up but you refused. I did ask you to add everything to circle including scanning next time before getting in line unless you have only a few items.

For guest #2, why not suspend the transaction until she finished her cart so you could help the others in line rather than making them wait?

For guest #2, why not suspend the transaction until she finished her cart so you could help the others in line rather than making them wait?
Because she already had the belt full and she wouldn't be able to get to the stuff at the bottom of her cart without getting it out. I guess I could have found her an out of the way place and set her up with a second cart but I didn't think of that.

Had fun several hours at the fos today.

Ttog: I have no idea where you heard that Target was providing guests with masks and gloves for sshopping and decided to ask me where the gloves are for guests. I gave you a serious response of we are out of stock of gloves for guests to BUY, but it is recommended you do not touch your face while shopping, and we also have soap & water, hand sanitizer, and bleach spray that you can disinfect your hands with.

TTOG: You asked me why our trucks weren't delivering & were shocked when I told you that, not only are they delivering, we're getting TWO trucks a day.
You honestly couldn't believe that our shelves were getting cleaned out that quickly?
Where the hell have you BEEN for the past three weeks?!

When quanti
TTOG: You asked me why our trucks weren't delivering & were shocked when I told you that, not only are they delivering, we're getting TWO trucks a day.
You honestly couldn't believe that our shelves were getting cleaned out that quickly?
Where the hell have you BEEN for the past three weeks?!
Sitting upon her throne of toilet paper, eating her canned soup 😉

TTOG:

Yes, I wiped down all the carts. I’m not holding the spray bottle and neatly folded paper towels for nothing. I ain’t risking anything with everything going on.

No, I will not spray this mixture of bleach and water on your bare hands. Sometimes I feel like yall want me to mist you with this shit like it’s Holy Water. If you want to be thorough, go wash your hands in the nearest restroom periodically if you don’t have hand sanitizer or hand wipes.

TTOG:

Yes, I wiped down all the carts. I’m not holding the spray bottle and neatly folded paper towels for nothing. I ain’t risking anything with everything going on.

No, I will not spray this mixture of bleach and water on your bare hands. Sometimes I feel like yall want me to mist you with this shit like it’s Holy Water. If you want to be thorough, go wash your hands in the nearest restroom periodically if you don’t have hand sanitizer or hand wipes.
Too bad they don't have wash stations near the door. Too bad that practically no business has wash stations near the door.

First day back from LOA was interesting

TTOG who asked about TP: Thanks for not blowing a gasket when I told you we wouldn't get any until tomorrow morning. You were disappointed, but thanked me for the advice and said you'd be trying again tomorrow morning. 🙂

TTHandfulOfGuests: That were glaring at me as I was wiping down the SCO registers so you could use them; grow up. It takes me no more than 20 seconds to do this. If you can wash your hands for as long, then you can wait for me to disinfect the machine.

Back