Ttog: masks and gloves addition-

Sir/Ma'am it is extremely pointless to wear gloves or a mask of you-

1. Touch or use your cellphone
2. Go to the bathroom with them on 🤢
3. Touch everything then your face
4. Pull down the mask to talk
5. Wear them ALL day...(gloves)

That's all
This. All of it, so much this. It'd be ridiculous and stupid if it wasn't a serious health issue.

Ttog-

I made the mistake of answering a leader call....

Guest was upset we canceled her order when we told her that it was ready.

Now for us TMs we all know that we only cancel if we had to INF the item.

So I politely ask for her order number so I can figure out why we canceled her order.

She goes on a tangent about how its wrong to say we had the item and then canceled. Basically according to her we sold everything on her order. So I'm trying to explain the process and she still won't listen to anything I've said. So goes as far to say she's going to call guest relations because "customers are always right" and " we sold her shit"

Now I've am annoyed because I've asked for her order number 6 times and still have yet to get it. She goes as far to tell me I'm being rude and not helping her. So I'm like order number or you can call guest relations but don't dare say I'm not helping you. So goes " fine here it is"

Anyone want to guess what she ordered?

Toliet paper....

So I politely tell her that she ordered a high demand item and the 5000 people before her ordered the same thing. She goes cancel the rest of my order. I try to tell her that we have the rest of her order and that she can still get it but you know she's going to Walmart.

I wish we could write notes as to why we canceled a guest order. " guest demanded we cancel her order"

My store has taken to acknowledging the truck late, basically after everything popular has sold, so we don't have guests and OPU competing for the same items.

It makes audit fun.

I wish we could write notes as to why we canceled a guest order. " guest demanded we cancel her order"
GS used to be able to on mygo. I don’t think order pickup lets us say anything other than “Guest Request”.
Mygo also let us see the call logs of anytime the guest called guest relations about the order.

Notes would be nice because we're having to cancel orders more frequently now. So, if we could just type in "Guest used multiple OPUs to get around item limitations," that would be nice. Or for those times we notice an item is damaged after we've gone through everything and are putting it in hold. It would certainly be helpful so if the guest does have questions, GS could just look up what the reasoning was, especially since the person picking the order isn't always working when the guest asks about it.

Notes would be nice because we're having to cancel orders more frequently now. So, if we could just type in "Guest used multiple OPUs to get around item limitations," that would be nice. Or for those times we notice an item is damaged after we've gone through everything and are putting it in hold. It would certainly be helpful so if the guest does have questions, GS could just look up what the reasoning was, especially since the person picking the order isn't always working when the guest asks about it.
I believe item damaged is an option.

TTOG: actually, all of my little old ladies and gentlemen this week. Good job placing OPUs!! My own dad can’t quite figure it out yet (but he’s a pro at picking up what I order for him! All 7 of you that called the store today to ask about changing it to drive up gave me a great excuse to get out of my office and go outside to take your orders to you. All of you were so happy and it lifted me up! Thank you!

TTOG: actually, all of my little old ladies and gentlemen this week. Good job placing OPUs!! My own dad can’t quite figure it out yet (but he’s a pro at picking up what I order for him! All 7 of you that called the store today to ask about changing it to drive up gave me a great excuse to get out of my office and go outside to take your orders to you. All of you were so happy and it lifted me up! Thank you!
me: :(

older man or lady: wow this was my first time doing an OPU but it was so easy thanks so much!

me: :)

My parents are in their 60s and they are my baseline for every reference. My mom can’t quite seem to get texting or Facebook while my dad discovered dvr about 3 years ago and how to use his firestick within the last two weeks. All of their online shopping is done by their kids 🤷‍♀️😁

Christ on toast points, lady. If you're that fucking concerned about it, MAYBE YOU SHOULD STAY THE FUCK HOME AND MAKE YOURSELF SOME COFFEE AND PUT SOME MILK & SUGAR IN IT. Just a thought. Not that those penetrate your tiny mind, you entitled asshat.
The first day ours was closed, I was covering someone’s break on the lanes and while the guests I was helping were lamenting how far away the nearest drive-thru was (it’s two miles, tops), I mentioned we sold it in Market and they could brew their own.

“We don’t know how to make coffee.”

I’m still not over that.

The first day ours was closed, I was covering someone’s break on the lanes and while the guests I was helping were lamenting how far away the nearest drive-thru was (it’s two miles, tops), I mentioned we sold it in Market and they could brew their own.

“We don’t know how to make coffee.”

I’m still not over that.
Rolling.

Good opportunity to upsell them a Keurig. They need it.

Probably their mindset is that shipments must have more than people need in a day and that should be slowly filling up the shelves. They don't realize that hoarders with money are showing up at store openings every single day, probably multiple stores each day. They think the hoarders have to feel secure over their stockpile and now only reasonable folks are shopping.

Saw an elderly guest this morning during the vulnerable shopping hour. She looked confused so I stopped to ask her if I could help her. She said, "Oh no, I don't think so. I'm just amazed at all the empty shelves. I can't believe people are buying so much." Then as the elderly often do she went on..."It's such a shame. If people would just buy what they need there'd be enough for everyone. I want you to know that I'm just getting what I use in a month. I know four creamers seems like a lot, but that's what I use every month. It's what I always buy. I don't get more than what I need."

The funny thing is that she could have taken a whole cart load of creamer and it would hardly make a dent in our inventory because we've been sent a shit ton of it. Would have made our market team extremely happy too.

Last edited:
Saw an elderly guest this morning during the vulnerable shopping hour. She looked confused so I stopped to ask her if I could help her. She said, "Oh no, I don't think so. I'm just amazed at all the empty shelves. I can't believe people are buying so much." Than as the elderly often do she went on..."It's such a shame. If people would just buy what they need there'd be enough for everyone. I want you to know that I'm just getting what I use in a month. I know four creamers seems like a lot, but that's what I use every month. It's what I always buy. I don't get more than what I need."

The funny thing is that she could have taken a whole cart load of creamer and it would hardly make a dent in our inventory because we've been sent a shit ton of it. Would have made out market team extremely happy too.
Those guests are my favs.

To Those Market Guests (and you KNOW who you are):
There were four TMs unpacking & stocking foodstuffs as fast as they could but you slowed them down by demanding they look for certain items on their uboat.
One lady in particular not only asked for an uncommon item but wanted a specific brand, another was trying to dig thru boxes on one TM's uboat until he asked her to stop because she knocked several things off.
If they're busy in one aisle give them time to be able to glance thru their uboat before making demands.
I witnessed this because I was the one responding to clean up the resulting mess.
FFS people, cool your jets :mad:

TTOG who didn't want me touch any of her things even though I was wearing gloves and we are constantly cleaning. Stay home or do self checkout. Maybe try wearing gloves or a mask yourself if you are so concerned about being "contaminated." I don't want to ring you up anyway.
While I agree there's no feasible way to check out in a line without the cashier touching things, your gloves do absolutely nothing to protect her, and at this point wearing a mask is ethically wrong.

Back