To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: You just attempted to return $100 worth of sonicare toothbrush heads that your ‘grandma’ bought on Saturday the 9th. There’s one major flaw in your story - we weren’t open on the 9th. You know, due to the fact a major hurricane was bearing down on our state. So I wanna know who opened the store for your grandma. Your return was denied.

To Those Few Majorly Pissy Guests: Well aren't you special. We were hit with an insane rush so yes, there were lines and lots of idiot---I mean people. So as you walked out you complained to the GSA that you "Just bagged your own stuff so I could get out."
----------
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
----------

*Deep breath*

We *Just* installed crapload of SCOs like 3 weeks ago...Thats why they exist so bitchy people like you don't have to waste your time. I can't help, nor will I apologize for guests having large orders or the fact that I'm making sure I'm bagging things like the guest wants. Don't like it, don't shop here.

To the other aforementioned couple who felt they were being "ripped off" of a gift card; you didn't have the right product to match and the GSA explained this very clearly to you. You then told us that there weren't any of the correct product on the shelves. The GSA again told you that in order for the GC to trigger, it has to match *exactly*. You sighed and said "Well that's just the norm for this place to be out of everything..." Again, don't like it, don't shop here.

I hate people...:rolleyes::confused:

Ttog-you went online and ordered a bag of chips. Just a bsg of chips. Sure I didn't mind stopping what I was doing walking out to groceries...getting your bag of chips. Then carry it all the way up front. Nope didn't mind it at all. I mean you sat at home and went through all the trouble to go online and order chips. The least I can do is grab them for you. Oh...I may hsve squeezed the bag a lil (oopsie) so you may need a spoon to enjoy your chips.

That dude is a douche thing to do. $2 sales count.

Always have more than one stash.

A former employer was telling me about his days of working for someone else rather than being self-employed. He said when the jobsite banned drinking, he and all the other workers bought bags of oranges, some hypodermic needles and vodka to prepare the next day's lunch and snacks.

TTOG:

well, all the guests who do this:

Stop throwing your money on the counter like it's a stripper stage. I'm not going to treat you exactly how you treat me. You like picking change up and scattered ones? Because that's what you'll be doing from now on, you jerks.

Oh, and stop licking your fingers before counting out your money! GROSS!!!

TTOG with WIC: If you saw that we were out of both WIC approved Orange juices, why bother getting any at all? You then whined about the transaction being a PITA. How do you think we felt as we checked and double checked to see if we had the correct size? Ugh. That ruined my otherwise good shift...:rolleyes:

TTOG:

well, all the guests who do this:

Stop throwing your money on the counter like it's a stripper stage. I'm not going to treat you exactly how you treat me. You like picking change up and scattered ones? Because that's what you'll be doing from now on, you jerks.

Oh, and stop licking your fingers before counting out your money! GROSS!!!
AMEN!!! Had some jackass customer toss a $10 at me for his Rx. Tossed his $5 right back at him.

AMEN!!! Had some jackass customer toss a $10 at me for his Rx. Tossed his $5 right back at him.

Sometimes I passive-aggressively put the receipt & bills in their outstretched hand first, then put the coins on top. It's aggravating to me to have to use two hands to sort the coins off for a pocket or wallet, then deal with the paper. I think it's aggravating to everyone so I get my little dig in without it being obvious.

If they're true assholes I do put the shit on the counter. Then I say "have a good day" and walk the fuck away.

I'll probably get fired soon. LOL

TTOG School already started. Try not to be so aggravated that we don't have 30 marble notebooks to sell you.
I was checking out the school supply clearance last week and a woman literally had her cart filled with notebooks and folders and was complaining because there weren't more and nobody would go check the back for her. I heard 2 different TMs tell her "everything we have is on the floor and marked down."

TTOG: My coworker cheerfully took your drink order but you made a point of telling her LOUDLY that you wanted ME to make your drink because I 'know how to make it'.
If you want to insult/piss off a barista anywhere, that's how you do it & she was thunderstruck.
I made a point of showing her the particulars of your drink in the event that no one else is on hand but your comment made it highly unlikely she will EVER want to make you ANY drink.
I get that you want someone who 'knows' your drink to make it but you could've asked me to show her instead of questioning her training in an outburst.

TTOG: My coworker cheerfully took your drink order but you made a point of telling her LOUDLY that you wanted ME to make your drink because I 'know how to make it'.
If you want to insult/piss off a barista anywhere, that's how you do it & she was thunderstruck.
I made a point of showing her the particulars of your drink in the event that no one else is on hand but your comment made it highly unlikely she will EVER want to make you ANY drink.
I get that you want someone who 'knows' your drink to make it but you could've asked me to show her instead of questioning her training in an outburst.

I would of reassured the guest that the barista in training is perfectly capable and that she is fine while you watched her make it. In other words... "cool yo tits, lady!"
Sometimes I passive-aggressively put the receipt & bills in their outstretched hand first, then put the coins on top. It's aggravating to me to have to use two hands to sort the coins off for a pocket or wallet, then deal with the paper. I think it's aggravating to everyone so I get my little dig in without it being obvious.

If they're true assholes I do put the shit on the counter. Then I say "have a good day" and walk the fuck away.

I'll probably get fired soon. LOL

I never actually thought about this, I might just do it. I absolutely HATE it when people do that to me when I'm checking out. Mcdonalds drive-thru cashiers are probably the worst offenders, literally spill all my coins every time because they kind of just throw my change and receipt into my hand. It's always all good and cool when I get my food and find out my girlfriend's order is almost always messed up. I mean, she's got kind of a weird order. She wants a plain double cheeseburger with two sides of mac sauce, a medium fry and coke, and a $1 4-piece nugget with a side of ranch. Almost every single cashier doesn't know how to ring up the mac sauce(I think it might be because it's a secret menu item thing? Not sure.) but almost always the nuggets are missing, we never get any of the dips, the plain burger comes with everything on it.

I mean, I can sympathize with the workers at Mcdonalds because we all have been in this situation, but my God, almost every time it's messed up. My order is always perfectly fine, my girl's order isn't, and she's not the type to just be nice about it(unfortunately)

I've learned being nice goes a long way, it was prom night and we barely lasted an hour there so me and my GF ditched to get some mcdonalds which was literally just a 30 second drive down the street. They messed up some of our order(it was so busy that night, hardly any workers on) and I went up maybe 2-3 times to get it fixed. ya know, just being super chill and nice about it. I decided I wanted to get a large pop so I went up there my fourth and final time, and the cashier is all "Aww man... did something else get put in wrong?" and I say "Oh no! Don't worry about it, this time it's my fault, I just wanted to get a large pop is all! I forgot to order one." and she gave me it for free and she was super nice about it.

I hope I made her night, because she made mine. But anyways, off on a tangent.

PUTTING COINS INTO THE CUSTOMER'S HANDS BEFORE THEY HAVE THE CHANCE TO PUT THE PAPERS DOWN OR AWAY IS A FUCKING SIN, AND IF A GUEST EVER DICKS WITH ME, I WILL DO THAT TO THEM.

To continue your tangent, I don't order drive thru any more. It's always wrong. McDonald's is the worst offender. They SUCK!!!

Back on track, I realize we're in a service industry at Target but we're not sub-human, and we deserve to be treated with dignity. Some of these "guests" treat us like shit and I'm not going to conform to their warped perceptions of who we are. We have value, they need to recognize it.

I would of reassured the guest that the barista in training is perfectly capable and that she is fine while you watched her make it. In other words... "cool yo tits, lady!"
Barista was experienced & had dutifully taken down details (you write down all the instructions on the cup) so she would've been more than adept; guest was being a snowflake before I brought out the snowblower.

TTOG: My light was off, I had to go on my break. I turned it off as soon as my breaker said I should go after I finish with my guest. Unfortunately for you, you missed me by 5 minutes. Don't give me that pissy tone. My light was already off and there were cashiers open on either side of me.

TTOG: Calling the service desk to complain that the service was too slow while I'm the only one there is not a good idea... Did you seriously think I was going to answer? While I had a line? Seriously?

TTOG:

It's really rude to throw money on the counter and just leave it there strewn all over the place and expect me to pick it all up and count it and face it upright. You're a dick so don't get pissy when I put your receipt on the counter instead of in your hand.

When they pull that kind of crap, they have the pleasure of waiting for their receipt while I pick up each coin and bill, one by one. And then I have to straighten the bills too. Yeah, be an asshat and see how much of your time I'm going to waste!

TTOG: After going in for a shift with yet another call out from my team, closing alone on a Saturday night was not something I wanted to deal with.

You came up and asked how I was. I said okay, asked how you were, and took your order. As I turned around to make your drink, you asked me what was wrong because you "felt it" (which I understand, just took me by surprise). After expressing my stress, you told me I was doing amazing and you were proud of my work ethic. You weren't a day over 25 and it made me so happy to see someone my age reach out the way you did. You helped calm me down, and I did a great close thanks to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back