To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that group of Team Members who smell like sewage every night at work, please hearken back to when you were a child and your parents taught you how to bathe properly and apply deodorant. People might not avoid you at work anymore.

I swear I could see flies buzzing around some of these people...

Dear TM's who are leaving for the day, turn your friggen walkie OFF before you put it in the charger. And when you do put it in the charger, make sure the LIGHT turns RED to signify that it is indeed charging, as opposed to not charging because you put it in crooked/backwards.

I too, cannot stand this. Even worse is when the try to put PDAs in the LPDA cradle, and vice versa. Or just throw the batteries into the cabinet, landing literally centimeters from it's proper place.

If you're not going to sort the corrections for the adset could at the very least put them out so I know they didn't get sorted and not find them after we've done the entire effing set.

Again, this is not your Target.
And even if it WAS your Target, it's still flkdjfhgfkf RUDE to barge into my area just because I haven't given you your bag yet.
Okay, I understand that you might be worried that I have yet to take it off and set it on the end - well, if you were paying attention, it's normally that way for EVERYONE.
Just wait for me to give you your damn change first. :mad:

To all of the Team Members who just WALTZ over too Food Ave and demand that I drop everything I'm working on to ring them up because "the lines are way too long" up front. I've got two words for you: tough sh*t. Just because you work here does not mean that you don't have to wait in line like everyone else. Yeah, I know it sucks when there are only two cashiers and the lines are long, but you know what? We have plenty of GUESTS who are more or less patiently waiting in those lines, and although I typically don't side with them, it's pretty rude of you to walk right past them and try to check out over here. Just because I'm not standing at the register ringing someone up does NOT mean I'm not busy! :mad:

To all of the Team Members who just WALTZ over too Food Ave and demand that I drop everything I'm working on to ring them up because "the lines are way too long" up front. I've got two words for you: tough sh*t. Just because you work here does not mean that you don't have to wait in line like everyone else. Yeah, I know it sucks when there are only two cashiers and the lines are long, but you know what? We have plenty of GUESTS who are more or less patiently waiting in those lines, and although I typically don't side with them, it's pretty rude of you to walk right past them and try to check out over here. Just because I'm not standing at the register ringing someone up does NOT mean I'm not busy! :mad:

See I do this, but I always make sure I buy something from Food Ave too so I'm not wasting their time

I actually have friends that will hop on a lane real fast for me or someone from guest service who I know will ring me up.

I always feel bad doing this, but our Food Ave TMs are cool about it. Plus, I almost always get something from them when I do this, even if it's just a banana.

This is not your Target home store/where you work at.
I don't know you, you don't know me.
So DO NOT reach over the counter and scan your discount card! Tell me you have it, and *I* will scan it for you.

(It just bugged me, and I found that rude.
The person who did it doesn't work at our Target, and I don't know them at all.
I don't care when fellow team member/co-workers that work at the same store I do do it, because at least I KNOW them. :/)

When this happens i usually will void the discount, ask to see their card, AND their ID. :blowup: If i'm not mistaken this is also best practice, yes?

Yes, but also realize that we're usually on a strict break schedule. Would you want to spend your 15 in line?

Of course, i always ask permission before i do, and its usually like 1 or 2 items (like snacks) for my break... Just another viewpoint for you. :)

And for mine; To that one (or two or three) who must always cite your reason for doing a piss-poor job AT your job is "insert-sob-story-from-personal-life-here" STFU. You have no idea what i'm going through, a breakup, health issues, family issues, depression... but i STILL rock out my job and have gotten a guest comment card EVERY SHIFT for my past 3 shifts. Yes, i walked into work crying like a baby yesterday, but when i clocked in, i have to put it behind me, please show the same maturity.

Last edited:

You will ring me up if I come over there to check out, not only that but when I am covering breaks for the GSTL or up near the front and see 1+1 has been exceeded you will be the 2nd place I send guests to check out at (after guest service). I understand you are busy and working on other things but it's your job.

You will ring me up if I come over there to check out, not only that but when I am covering breaks for the GSTL or up near the front and see 1+1 has been exceeded you will be the 2nd place I send guests to check out at (after guest service). I understand you are busy and working on other things but it's your job.

Actually i don't think that's brand OR best practice. Food Ave's (or Sbux for that matter) job is NOT to ring up guests. In fact, we can turn away guests who are not purchasing from our department.

The Food Ave TM's job is to maintain FA, make sure all food temps stay out of danger zone, that food rotation and FIFO is taking place, and that guests of FA are having a great GE. Ringing up non FA guests is NOT part of it. I would partner with your ETL-GE before continuing this practice, sir/madam.'

Sorry if i came off rude; but as a Sbux trainer, i'm well aware that food services gets commonly shat on by the rest of the store, i cant stand to see it! haha.

Actually i don't think that's brand OR best practice. Food Ave's (or Sbux for that matter) job is NOT to ring up guests. In fact, we can turn away guests who are not purchasing from our department.

The Food Ave TM's job is to maintain FA, make sure all food temps stay out of danger zone, that food rotation and FIFO is taking place, and that guests of FA are having a great GE. Ringing up non FA guests is NOT part of it. I would partner with your ETL-GE before continuing this practice, sir/madam.'

Sorry if i came off rude; but as a Sbux trainer, i'm well aware that food services gets commonly shat on by the rest of the store, i cant stand to see it! haha.

My store does it too if we are short cashiers and Guest services is busy and we have nobody available for backup in Hardlines/Softlines(usually because we're already up at the registers) They do make sure FA isn't dealing with any guests of their own though before they send someone there.

To whichever TM(s) is putting the overstock candy from front end in the market reshop please stop doing it. It doesn't go back in market. Is it really that difficult to put it in a cart and mention to the GSTL that it needs to go back to the candy room?

And to who ever is doing reshop and just dumping that candy anywhere in the candy aisles in market please stop doing that it really hurts the zone when I am picking Checklane candy out of a spot in every other section in the aisle. If you don't know what the CL stands for ask don't make my job harder for silly reason like that. If you do know where it goes and are doing it anyway you're lucky I don't know who you are because I'd mention it to your TL.

Too all my fellow TMs. Please quit being trashy and try to keep the break room clean. You all talk about how guests are dirty yet I walk in the breakroom and there are empty soda bottles, plastic forks, used napkins everywhere and the place looks dirty.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting your post (and I certainly hope I am), because I sense attitude. I most certainly will NOT ring up someone who tells me that I "WILL" drop everything I'm doing just because they do not want to wait in line like everyone else.

My job is to ensure that the food being served to our guests is kept at a safe temperature, is prepared in a safe manner, and to assist guests who are actually purchasing something from Food Ave in a timely manner. Anyone else needs to use a regular lane; that's what they're there for. I understand that the lines can be long and that breaks are short, but quite frankly, that's why I bring food from home to eat on my breaks. If I have shopping to do, I do it before or after my shift and check out at the front lanes just like any other guest. The GSTLs at my store are not allowed to send guests to Food Ave and I'm sick of TMs feeling that they are above that policy. If a TM comes over there anyway to purchase a snack and happens to have one or two items from the salesfloor, then that's no problem; if, however, they want to pay for salesfloor items without buying anything in Food Ave, then they need to wait in line at the front.

^Amen, sister! :D

pretty much this ^^

Its okay to send express guests to Service Desk to keep 1+1, but 10+ item orders should ALWAYS stay at the checklanes to make sure Service Desk doesn't get swamped.

Food Ave is really far from express in my Super-T as well too, so sending guests to Food Ave. is a huge no-no.

If a TM/guest just has a few items, and they purchase something from food ave, I don't think thats a huge deal though :D

I ran my Food Ave strict. Team members and guests have to purchase something at FA, then they cannot have more than 10 items for their additional purchase, and the purchase cannot contain any chemicals.

I will only go to Food Ave to be rung up while I'm on break if I'm buying something from there, whether it's a hot dog or a Monster drink. Otherwise, I go to the regular checklanes, or if they are slow at Guest Services, they'll tell me to go ring up over there.

To the Target Mobile Kiosk employee who ruined my 2 attachments and ESP yesterday, and has constantly been butting into my sales and giving guests mis-information about sales floor issues; there is a special place in hell reserved for you. Keep it up, and my ETL-GE will see that you get there faster.

I ran my Food Ave strict. Team members and guests have to purchase something at FA, then they cannot have more than 10 items for their additional purchase, and the purchase cannot contain any chemicals.

Way to drive best practice! Gtc to you

:thumbsup:

This is why we need a FATL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back