To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have so many GSTMs that refuse to override stuff like that to toss because they religiously follow the prompts on the screen and if the computer wants to make it vendor pickup then that’s what they’ll do. I get so pissed when I look in the vendor pickup bin and there’s like 2 gallons of milk in there. And I even asked them like why would you do this? It’s just going to rot what are they supposed to do with it? And they were like “I was told to follow the prompts.” And i was like you think someone’s going to first of all, notice and second of all, care? They still do it :mad:
Put a note on the computer that says override all dairy to toss.

I can’t stand ETLS who get mad at GS for reshop. If I cal for it, I get a passive aggressive “we’ll get to it soon don’t call again” and if I’m quiet I get “why haven’t you called”
You guys are doing it wrong, when I did GS service, I would just say “can a TM from toys come to GS asap” once they were there hand them their shi*.

to my closing lead:

dude, you're the best. I was just blowing off steam, but you listened to my (valid) complaints and got with the Store Director and my Leader to solve them. thank you, man. you're the nicest person by far at Target and my favorite person to work with.

seriously though, he's by far the nicest person I've ever met.
Its nice to meet you too, Ethan.

Put a note on the computer that says override all dairy to toss.

dairy is vendor product tho, it automatically prints out a defective chit so you can’t toss it

we dump the milk out at Starbucks tho before we put it in our vendor pickup bin

dairy is vendor product tho, it automatically prints out a defective chit so you can’t toss it

we dump the milk out at Starbucks tho before we put it in our vendor pickup bin
Use the MyWork app on a MyDevice. Scan the item barcode. Tap the item description on screen. Scroll down to the bottom and tap "Toss". Enter the quantity and tap the button for why (I was told to use "quality" for any cold item that's been out of the cooler/freezer). No chits, no stickers. Dump out any liquid down the sink and throw the rest in the trash.

Use the MyWork app on a MyDevice. Scan the item barcode. Tap the item description on screen. Scroll down to the bottom and tap "Toss". Enter the quantity and tap the button for why (I was told to use "quality" for any cold item that's been out of the cooler/freezer). No chits, no stickers. Dump out any liquid down the sink and throw the rest in the trash.

you can't toss vendor products in myWork. they will tell you to use defectives.

We have so many GSTMs that refuse to override stuff like that to toss because they religiously follow the prompts on the screen and if the computer wants to make it vendor pickup then that’s what they’ll do. I get so pissed when I look in the vendor pickup bin and there’s like 2 gallons of milk in there. And I even asked them like why would you do this? It’s just going to rot what are they supposed to do with it? And they were like “I was told to follow the prompts.” And i was like you think someone’s going to first of all, notice and second of all, care? They still do it :mad:

"We were told to follow the prompts since we were told we were sending to much stuff to salvage." Like fucking robots.. I just call them personally and have them deal with this shit.. We don't allow it back in receiving. We have even sent the cart attendant back with a full cart of defective bullshit and told him to have those idiots actually sort it out..

Guess who conveniently got told today they need to follow the prompts and can’t override anything no matter what :mad: enjoy your spoiled milk and shattered glass

Guess who conveniently got told today they need to follow the prompts and can’t override anything no matter what :mad: enjoy your spoiled milk and shattered glass
call the GSTL over every single time you want to override. They’ll let you override pretty quick.

TTOTM: if you had typed in the dpci on her receipt you would have noticed that the dpci on the mydevice automatically changed. Know what that means? Use your head. The fucking DPCI changed. That's it. You were so rude to that guest.

She was so normal and kind to me. No idea why you were so nasty to her. If you would have done your job then you would have been able to figure out what it took me 30 seconds to realize.

:mad:

To that one ETL:

What makes you think that scheduling five (5! Cinco!) trainees on a closing Saturday night is ok???? And they all have 6 hour shifts (we have to clock out for lunch by the 6th hour)???

Holy shit.

So, basically they will all be working 5.75+ hour shifts
with only a 15 minute break. Great way to scare off a new TM!

Naw. They all take a lunch to give the trainer(s) a break from talking. There is so much for SL now, they can also do some of the product knowledge and selling training. Better to bring them in when it's busy, so they know what's coming, than on a weekday mid where they think it's all chill, all the time.

To that one ETL:

What makes you think that scheduling five (5! Cinco!) trainees on a closing Saturday night is ok???? And they all have 6 hour shifts (we have to clock out for lunch by the 6th hour)???

Holy shit.

Oh lord if that happened to the front lanes at my store I would C-R-Y.

To that one ETL:

Holy shit.

Some Leaders make "simple minded" choices w/out thinking through the entire outcome of their choices. Analytical thinking requires one to see the entire outcome from start to finish; and then you can adjust your strategy to accommodate any pitfalls. There are so many things wrong w/ your ETLs actions, it's embarrassing. The two TLs that I work with most closely operate like this. They are in such hurry to "do something Leadership-py" that they don't think it through, and then it creates more problems which others have to solve.

Monkey see, Monkey do....... but Monkey don't think.

Naw. They all take a lunch to give the trainer(s) a break from talking. There is so much for SL now, they can also do some of the product knowledge and selling training. Better to bring them in when it's busy, so they know what's coming, than on a weekday mid where they think it's all chill, all the time.

That was my plan, but my counterpart already had them do the computer training and product knowledge lol

To that one ETL:

Holy shit.

So you're going to have a flock of little Spotlings waddling after you all night?

And send em all on meal together. Just this one time. Like Yetive said, gives you a break from talking. And then after meal, you can split them up on separate tasks.

To that one ETL:

Holy shit.
There was one point I was given 8 at one time. :eek::rolleyes:

My interpretation of this is, "So we're throwing away Donate now?" Fine, I won't override anything, but I'm still throwing stuff away if it's spoiled or shattered glass.

I consider it just the ETLs making a black and white call, because certain TMs have shitty judgement and piss off the receiver. If you have good judgment, disregard the stupid "no override" rule. That's what I do at least.

Unless you're an ETL. I understand they can't really turn their walkies off.

Yeah but ETLs don’t hang in the break room usually in fact i don’t think I’ve ever seen one in my stores

LOD here. I eat in the break room. Walkie stays on if I'm on duty, but quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back