To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear new cashier,
Please stop pulling guests from other lines, ESPECIALLY when I'm just finishing up with a previous guest (as in, handing htem change or their receipt) and that person is next.
It's annoying. Very annoying. Very, very, VERY annoying. :mad:

You should be glad... now you can take a minute to stretch. I know i would be happy.

Anyways, any cashier not currently ringing someone should be pulling guests from other lines to keep 1+1, so at least the NEW guy has the right idea.... kinda

You should be glad... now you can take a minute to stretch. I know i would be happy.

Anyways, any cashier not currently ringing someone should be pulling guests from other lines to keep 1+1, so at least the NEW guy has the right idea.... kinda

Yeah- If youre obviously ABOUT to start ringing up your next guest thats annoying, but they should be taking the "Next next" guest at least. If not, they should be at the front of their lane greeting guests and whatnot.

And to that one GSTL - Thank you for berating me about my CONVERSION SCORE (You cant do ANYTHING on the front lanes with her unless you have that high conversion score). Now i'm trying to get conversions IN MY SLEEP!! (Srsly, woke up from a dream of about to get a red card....)

And to that one GSTL - Thank you for berating me about my CONVERSION SCORE (You cant do ANYTHING on the front lanes with her unless you have that high conversion score). Now i'm trying to get conversions IN MY SLEEP!! (Srsly, woke up from a dream of about to get a red card....)

That is a spot nightmare!

To the TL that has now gotten me in trouble TWICE over "missed punches", I officially HATE YOU!!! Thank you for NOT "passing on the information" about the most recent episode. Granted, yes, I DID forget to punch out for lunch on the second one (on the first one, the time clock wasn't working so he wrote my name & 3 other people's & didn't pass ANY of them on), but you ASSURED me you'd pass on the information and obviously didn't since I had to sign the stupid book today.

And why is it that a "punch correction" doesn't also "correct" the compliance report? It corrects everything else??? I didn't get PAID for the lunch and the other "missed punch" was corrected through MAX SS and my pay was right for THAT day as well...

I'm so happy those RARELY pop up in pharmacy. I honestly don't think it's EVER popped up for me, but it DID for a pharmacist trainee once. Of course, I just jinxed myself and they'll start popping up like crazy now! LOL!

Yupp. Oh theyre trying to make us get them in pharm too!

But the thing with my GSTL is, you cant be trained/promoted to GSA, Service desk, or anything if you have a low conversion score. It's so stupid, because all my other numbers are green. I do honestly try for the redcards, but im always shut down!

Yupp. Oh theyre trying to make us get them in pharm too!

But the thing with my GSTL is, you cant be trained/promoted to GSA, Service desk, or anything if you have a low conversion score. It's so stupid, because all my other numbers are green. I do honestly try for the redcards, but im always shut down!

That's how I am. I live in a poor community where alot of times, the guests(I'm hispanic so not trying to be racist) just speak spanish and don't understand the whole credit card thing.

I tell them if they want to save 5% on all purchases by applying for a target red card, they ask if its a credit card, I say yes and they decline. I then immediately tell them if they are interested in a debit card, save 5% but no need for credit, still decline.

Very rarely do I get one. But I don't know what the deal is because we have another cashier who get atleast 2 a shift. It's quite annoying too when our gstls compare us to him. I try but maybe I just get the bad guests.

I do get surveys though. Atleast 1 per shift is my goal which is really easy because you get atleast one good experience with a guest and they are willing to do it for you.

To my Team Lead:

BUY A BELT. I dont know how you've gotten away with dressing like this for so long but holy crap, I see your underwear constantly on a daily basis, you are 30 something years old. It makes me want to hurl and I'm going to guess our customers feel the same. Wearing a belt or buying pants that actually fit is NOT a new concept.

To my Team Lead:

BUY A BELT. I dont know how you've gotten away with dressing like this for so long but holy crap, I see your underwear constantly on a daily basis, you are 30 something years old. It makes me want to hurl and I'm going to guess our customers feel the same. Wearing a belt or buying pants that actually fit is NOT a new concept.

Ooooh, I need to introduce her to one of my step-aunts. I have a step-sister who is my age, and when we were teens, she always wore very low-rise jeans and revealing tops. Well, we were visiting my aforementioned step-aunt, and when she saw my step-sister with her jeans so low, she actually went behind her, grabbed her by the waist of her pants, and LIFTED HER OFF THE GROUND by them. "Either you pull them up, or I will," she said sternly to my (shocked!) step-sister. :D

Ooooh, I need to introduce her to one of my step-aunts. I have a step-sister who is my age, and when we were teens, she always wore very low-rise jeans and revealing tops. Well, we were visiting my aforementioned step-aunt, and when she saw my step-sister with her jeans so low, she actually went behind her, grabbed her by the waist of her pants, and LIFTED HER OFF THE GROUND by them. "Either you pull them up, or I will," she said sternly to my (shocked!) step-sister. :D

It's actually a he, think more mid 90s pants around the ankles fashion sense. I'm totally with summoning this step-aunt though.

To my Team Lead:

There's one of those at my store too and she should NOT be wearing low-rise pants. She gives new meaning to the term "muffin top"...especially since her shirts tend to be too short as well. It's NOT a pretty sight:disappoint:

To my "favorite" tech: I realize I have not been working as long as you and am not "certified", but that does not mean I am an idiot. If I step away from the computer to check an NDC, that is not your cue to "take over". I don't appreciate getting MY butt in trouble because YOU don't want to "just fill". Oh, and for future reference, I have EXCELLENT hearing and can hear your comments...I realize I am "slow", but that's because I don't usually type and I want to be accurate. As long as I'm not getting behind and the ETL-RX WANTS me typing and doesn't have an issue with it, please keep your snotty comments to yourself, mmkay?

To that one ETL: please, please, when someone calls to say they can't make it in for their shift pass the message on to the TLs or their ETL. We've had numerous ETLs over the years that forget to do this or even write it in the call in log. Not so much with me but other coworkers.

To the mobile lady who goes through our lines while always * surprise* talking on her mobile stop your phone call when checking out where your coworkers for Christ sake. And those rare occasions you not on your mobile your pretty darn rude. Shape up and treat us with respect. By the way the only time you were ever nice to me was that time I asked you if any carrier still has an unlimited data plan. So transparent.

Several shout outs tonight....

To the team member at another store who hung up on the guest 3 times, and me 2 times... I spoke to your LOD at length, I hope you got reamed. You should not be employed at Target. I work in Electronics, I know exactly how busy you are. My store is higher volume than yours, and I still managed to make time to answer my phone, and if I can't I find someone that can. I don't hang up on people.

To my LOD, thanks for reaming me about my zone not even 60 seconds after I was complimented on my guest service by an ecstatic guest who had come from walmart not even 15 minutes earlier, where they REFUSED to help her. Not only did she ask to speak to my supervisor to emphasize just how great I was, but she filled out a compliment card and called corporate on the phone I had just sold her. Way to show the companies priorities.

To the team members that refuse to cover my breaks and lunches, You will get yours sooner than you think. When my hours are cut back or I quit altogether, who do you think will cover your breaks? That's right, I won't be around. Stop taking me for granted.

To the tech who keeps REPEATEDLY ignoring comments on guest profiles when processing scripts, STOP IT!!! They're there for a REASON!!! If it says "Brand only on XXX", FILL IT FOR BRAND ON XXX! You've been there MUCH longer than I have and even I know that you follow the comment and write DAW 2 on the script. You don't care because YOU never work the window and don't have to DEAL with them when they come to pick up their Rx and it's filled wrong...I DO!!! I now know why you can process so many prescriptions when you type...because you just ignore (or pass, since you have all the pharmacist's info) EVERYTHING!!!

And, btw, this has been pointed out to the head pharmacist previously and nothing has been done about it. We call this tech "the golden girl" because she is OBVIOUSLY their "pet" (she's also the one who does the scheduling and now has scheduled me for 4 Saturdays in a row...so much for "1 weekend a month")

Last edited:
To the annoying and know it all TM in Blue world, Thanks for getting locked out your car and asking if I could help, even though you tried to throw me under the bus with a guest.. I said no, but Yes, Yes I do have the tools you douche bag.. Enjoy the bus ride home since no one else wanted to give you a ride either..

Yes, but also realize that we're usually on a strict break schedule. Would you want to spend your 15 in line?

ACTUALLY- you're not supposed to purchase merchandise on paid time. Check out the purchase policy guidelines.

AND- if you are in uniform, even without a name tag, you really should wait in line with the other guests. It's really, really rude to ring out a team member in uniform before helping other guests.

Several shout outs tonight....

To the team member at another store who hung up on the guest 3 times, and me 2 times... I spoke to your LOD at length, I hope you got reamed. You should not be employed at Target.

This makes me crazy. I called one (ultra low volume) store for a guest and was so embarrassed because i had to call back 5 times. I finally asked for the LOD, who was really mad that I asked for them. Whatever. If your team can't handle calls, you need to.

Also, one store near me ALWAYS answers the phone with "hello?" instead of "thank you for calling the --- Target! This is ---. Can I help you find something?"

Every time I need to called that store I feel like answering, "Um, is this Target in ---?"

This makes me crazy. I called one (ultra low volume) store for a guest and was so embarrassed because i had to call back 5 times. I finally asked for the LOD, who was really mad that I asked for them. Whatever. If your team can't handle calls, you need to.

Also, one store near me ALWAYS answers the phone with "hello?" instead of "thank you for calling the --- Target! This is ---. Can I help you find something?"

Every time I need to called that store I feel like answering, "Um, is this Target in ---?"

I would be like "Is this the --- Target?... Yeah can i speak to your LOD?"

Could it be just one operator that answers the calls like this? After the call (Helping guest or whatever) I would call back and speak to the LOD as ach said.

On the subject of operators, we have an elderly one (Probably in her 70s) that made an overhead page that the operator needed a break to go to the bathroom. Did her walkie die?

To those TM's that always get sent my way when they need a shift covered, and me being willing to take it and possibly work a double: No more! I asked several TMs this week to cover one of my shifts this weekend and none of them would, especially my own Team, so guess what?! OH you're sister is having her baby? Well I hope she'll be able to do it without you! What? Your Friends 21first birthday? Have fun working with that hang over. :mad:
I will attempt to make it in, but I see my second call off in the several years I have been there happening.

To those TM's that always get sent my way when they need a shift covered, and me being willing to take it and possibly work a double: No more! I asked several TMs this week to cover one of my shifts this weekend and none of them would, especially my own Team, so guess what?! OH you're sister is having her baby? Well I hope she'll be able to do it without you! What? Your Friends 21first birthday? Have fun working with that hang over. :mad:
I will attempt to make it in, but I see my second call off in the several years I have been there happening.
That's how I am. I always pick up extra shifts as I don't mind but whenever I need a shift to be taken, no one wants "to work those hours".

It's funny too because everyone always comes to me first as I always say yes, but one day I'm gonna say no and I bet all hell is gonna break loose.

ACTUALLY- you're not supposed to purchase merchandise on paid time. Check out the purchase policy guidelines.

AND- if you are in uniform, even without a name tag, you really should wait in line with the other guests. It's really, really rude to ring out a team member in uniform before helping other guests.

Unless they have recently changed this, the TM purchase policy has never said you must be off the clock to purchase, it has only ever said to remove your name tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back