Archived To the stores that have switched flow team over to 6am start times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(Corporate has completely lost their minds with an all-day unload. The brand presentation has already been suffering and with the breach, our reputation is down the tubes. We need to re-focus on the brand with "Great Looking Stores" & "Best with Guests". Combining the sales floor teams and truck is going to lead to less time to help guests and a rough looking store all day, not to mention stuff on hand but unavailable (as mentioned in a post above) because its still being unloaded.

For Flow Team Members 6am Stores, at what time you finish unloading an "average" truck? Do you push everything to the floor? at what time everything is done?

We just switched this past week to 6am unload. I think it is a complete and utter fail on trying to get more people on the floor to help guests. All it does is cause clutter and make the sections unshoppable. Not to mention flow used all of our shopping carts to where there was only 20 total for the guests... I had to do a "scan through" for pricing on The back wall of A and just threw my hands in the air.. said "MEH!" Skipped it, And made a mental note to trash all the bubbles that pop out two days from now.. lol.

For Flow Team Members 6am Stores, at what time you finish unloading an "average" truck? Do you push everything to the floor? at what time everything is done?
Our average trucks are done at about 7:15. HBA is worked during the unload, Market/Paper/Chem/Pets is bowled during the unload. Everything else stays on the line. The wave is through market/chem/pets, on average, between 8 and 8:30. 15 minute break, then everyone is split up into groups to hit the rest of the store. I don't know if we've been finishing trucks 100%, some flow team is still there at 2:30pm.

Our average unload time is 65 mins so 7:05. Our average truck size is 2500 and we usually only get about 300 black line cartons. We finish trucks by 10:00am and on bad days (call outs and what not) we finish by 10:30am latest would be 11:00.

Question: how is the instocks process effected by this? Does the IS team have to come in later? When does the task list drop?

Question: how is the instocks process effected by this? Does the IS team have to come in later? When does the task list drop?

When some ULV stores moved their unload times to 7:00 and later, someone posted on here that their scanning deadline was moved to 12:00. Not sure what time the task list drops though. Any ULV instocks folks care to comment?

Honestly. Working while guests are in the store is not really that frustrating. Course it will slow you down, but once you get a process down it will be painless. This coming from a 7:30 unload with doors open at 8. ULV

As part of the 6am process are you guys scanning for backstock or doing push all?? We do push all so therefore we are dealing with way more boxes than we need to. Also how many people do you guys have on the line? We usually finish unload at 7:30.

We have had many complaints since moving to 6 am a couple weeks ago. We barely missed sales last year to be able to stay at 4 am. We actually get quite a lot of business in the morning/afternoon and it is taking flow till 2, sometimes 3 to get everything done. Guests will roll their eyes, make comments such as "Well I know not to shop at target in the morning anymore", and Ive heard people say we are turning into walmart now. S0metimes we don't even have sales floor members scheduled in till later, so if we need backups that means instocks or pricing has to go for backup. Also with the amount of traffic we do receive, that means everyone is getting stopped on the floor, asked questions from guests, etc. which means more time it takes to get everything done. I don't like it at all!

We are a 6am store, we get 5 trucks a week and 3 food trucks. Average truck is about 2100 and on days with both trucks about 1000. There are rare days where pallets of case stock are left to be back stocked the next day. We always end up get getting caught up at some point during the week.

We've been 6 am for a week. I can't speak for how well it's been working for flow team (it seems silly to unload the truck and then have to drag all the pallets back off the salesfloor an hour later), but as a dayside BR TM, I really like coming in for my closing shift at 12:30 and having the 12 o'clock CAFs done already. I'm not really fond of everyone being all up in my area until 2:30 now, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back