Tobacco Charge 2020

Hey all!

I'm new to the company as a team leader, so I'm not eligible for benefits just yet. However, I've discovered that the company has a tobacco surcharge. I'm just curious how much that is (roughly) since I'll enroll in the health insurance. That way I can compare the premiums to my old employer's since my last employer did not have a tobacco surcharge. If it's too high, then I'll quit before I enroll since no one would really know that I smoke (I've only worked three shifts at this point, all of them at a training store).

Thanks!

Say no, if don't you smoke. No charge.

I am a smoker, but I’m thinking that I’ll just stop smoking (since it’s not worth throwing away even more money), I was just trying to get a feel for what the charge would be if I didn’t stop smoking.

Hey all!

I'm new to the company as a team leader, so I'm not eligible for benefits just yet. However, I've discovered that the company has a tobacco surcharge. I'm just curious how much that is (roughly) since I'll enroll in the health insurance. That way I can compare the premiums to my old employer's since my last employer did not have a tobacco surcharge. If it's too high, then I'll quit before I enroll since no one would really know that I smoke (I've only worked three shifts at this point, all of them at a training store).

Thanks!
It’s 15$ per pay check . Roughly 800$ a year I know because I have this beautiful bad habit lol

Cool! Just double checking. I’m not sure if some people are paid weekly depending on state (that’s how it was at my last job).
Thanks for your answer!

Back