Archived Today I Remebered Why I Still Work At Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I was working on a softlines project today that wasn't really my job but it needed to be done and there wasn't anybody else who could do it.
One of the ladies came back and handed me a card.
It had a gift card in it.
This wasn't from the TLs or ETLs, it was from her personally.
She was thanking me for everything I did for her and softlines not just the project I was working on.
I can't tell you how that made me feel.
The people I work with are why I stay.
I just wish Spot treated them better.

my TL did that for me personally, it does feel good.

even though theres some people at my store who id just love to meet my shoe, there are still alot of people there who make working there worth while. trust me when i say there are WAY worse places to work at, and were very lucky to not only have a job, but to work at a place like target, esspecially if the TMs are friendly

Yesterday my ETL gave me a coupon for free lunch at Food Ave for exceeding expectations and saving his butt more than once.
It feels good to get thanked for doing your job, that people actually feel grateful that you're working.
I like to complain about Target, but in all honesty, I have the coolest coworkers ever. I don't really even consider the LODs my bosses as much as I consider them my coworkers who can tell me what to do.

I wish something close like that happened to me. That would make the frustrations of the recent months at work tollerable. Thank you though, your story brought a smile to my face. :)

I've had a few kind words from my TLs but they usually only happen while someone's informing me of our scores ... so it is really hard to take seriously.

I did however, get a letter in the mail from the ETL-AP. It wasn't on letterhead or anything 'official looking' but it was really nice to get recognition through my personal mailbox and not the huddle.

I've had a few kind words from my TLs but they usually only happen while someone's informing me of our scores ... so it is really hard to take seriously.

I did however, get a letter in the mail from the ETL-AP. It wasn't on letterhead or anything 'official looking' but it was really nice to get recognition through my personal mailbox and not the huddle.

Yeah, I got a personal thank you card once in the mail from an LOD after an amazingly busy weekend. Only she uses my formal name, which no on who knows me for more than 5 minutes would ever use. I knew at that point she didn't know who I was or care about how hard I worked.

That was very sincere and spontaneous of the etl-ap to do that. Oh wait no it wasn't, they probably wrote 15 of them that day to satisfy the quota, and they were all carbon copies with different names. Atleast that's how it would be at my store.

Part of me _needs_ some sense of positive feedback in order to keep, showing up. This part of me really hopes the cynicism of others isn't indicative of systemic practices.

This part of me is naive. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back