Archived TPS on ThanksGiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just checked my schedule and on ThanksGiving I’m scheduled as TPS 2-7:45. I’ve worked for Target a little over a year and started as a cashier. I work service desk, SCO and cashier a lot now and do stuff around the store when needed. I have never worked TPS before and as far as I know it’s similar to AP? I’m a fairly big guy and I have tons of tattoos so idk if they just chose me to be a scary guy who stands around. What am I gonna be doing? Please help!

So I just checked my schedule and on ThanksGiving I’m scheduled as TPS 2-7:45. I’ve worked for Target a little over a year and started as a cashier. I work service desk, SCO and cashier a lot now and do stuff around the store when needed. I have never worked TPS before and as far as I know it’s similar to AP? I’m a fairly big guy and I have tons of tattoos so idk if they just chose me to be a scary guy who stands around. What am I gonna be doing? Please help!
Are you positive it says TPS? Normally you’d have to interview for that position and you’d have to go through a lot of extra training. Sometimes on Black Friday, Target comes up with different positions and they abbreviate them.

Are you positive it says TPS? Normally you’d have to interview for that position and you’d have to go through a lot of extra training. Sometimes on Black Friday, Target comes up with different positions and they abbreviate them.
As far as I’m aware it is TPS. A few of my coworkers said it could be just taking care of the Black Friday line. But I haven’t had a chance to ask my ETLs.

You'll be keeping people who wouldn't steal anyway from stealing, and be unable to do anything about those who will. But you'll make people feel more safe.

I'm also scheduled TPS but before opening. I tend to work closely with my APTL on a normal day to day basis and the team knows it. My APTL has said on multiple occasions to our ETL's that he'd love to have me on his AP team. I suppose our STL and HR ETL agreed and chose me to take on that role before opening. Even if there's some line greeting and that sort of thing that will happen as I'm out there, I'm super excited (so much so I was squealing and jumping up and down when it was explained to me- I haven't been so happy about my job in a while LOL) and I think it will be a great challenge and help my growth and development. Hopefully in the future, should this go well, they will have me be this TPS for a longer duration on Black Thursday... But likely not since my store seems to think they HAVE to put me in a guest service heavy role.
BTW what does the 'S' in TPS even stand for????

You'll both likely be walking the line outside before opening, answering questions and making sure people don't get rowdy. After opening, you might get put in electronics and helping with the line in Apple shop or just taking off merch protection. That's what we've done in the past with non-AP team members scheduled as TPSs on BF.

They might have picked you because of your 'scary' appearance but as a TPS you could get fired if you touch a guest- at least I know that if I touched a guest as a TPS I would get fired on the spot, so keep that in mind (that being said, your APTL is the only one who can engage in physical contact with a guest). That being said you'll most likely just be saying "Bye! Thank you for shopping at Target" at the door for the majority of the day and notifying your APTL of anything suspicious. Anything a 110 lb girl (AKA me) could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back