Training people

I work as a cashier and my store just hired a bunch of people for the holidays. They have had me train over 15 people( and they still want me to train more), and some days I've been the only cashier scheduled on a busy day(which makes it very hard to train people because you have to worry about helping all of the guests). I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like I should get something for training people, is that wrong if me to think? Do any of you guys get anything for training people? Cause I was talking to my family, and when they all worked retail jobs, they all got something if they were training people(I know that not every store is the same, but still)

Lol nah. It’ll just a talking point if you ever wanted to move up to a TL position, maybe a photo on the learning mentor wall and a badge that says trainer on it if you are lucky.

I started out liking training. Some, not all, were attentive and anxious to learn and asked questions. I could teach a Golden Retriever how to fly a Cessna 152 but many Target trainees didn't listen even to the simplest instructions. I told the ETL that I will continue to teach if I got a bump up for it. They laughed. I slapped my badge on the TSC desk and told them to get someone else. They never did. Training was at best, marginal. Bear in mind of course, to use the acronym ASANTS there are exceptions. Not at the store on the Planet Neptune.

I work as a cashier and my store just hired a bunch of people for the holidays. They have had me train over 15 people( and they still want me to train more), and some days I've been the only cashier scheduled on a busy day(which makes it very hard to train people because you have to worry about helping all of the guests). I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like I should get something for training people, is that wrong if me to think? Do any of you guys get anything for training people? Cause I was talking to my family, and when they all worked retail jobs, they all got something if they were training people(I know that not every store is the same, but still)
Umm you get paid when you are on the clock. It doesn’t matter you do, as long as its legal you are expected to do it. From cleaning toilets to training seasonals. Yes ,I put seasonals in the same sentence as toilets.

I don't get newbies for a dailey helper in my area,too grumpy and prefer to own my seasonal hell-hole by my-self..but I give advice when they ask for it or tell them they are screwing up when they are pushing freight ...dam Christmas ornaments..newbie cluster-fuck today ! I got unwanted help but needed it..but definitely got to watch them or you will get burnt in every aspect.

Par for the course. Nothing like being knee deep in a shit storm, and a newbie tm as a trainee is the cherry-on-top.

I dislike training simply because we are expected to get our own work accomplished while training a newbie on e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

:rolleyes:
Honey, try to just relax and remember to breathe, the worst thing can is you tense up and choke on a newbie. A newbie needs some TLC, to grow and flourish.

some days I've been the only cashier scheduled on a busy day(which makes it very hard to train people because you have to worry about helping all of the guests).

Yeah, that shouldn't be happening. Hopefully you're training only one person when you're the ONLY cashier scheduled. Are these typically opening or closing shifts when there's only one cashier scheduled?

Back