Specialty Transfering from TX to CA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I'm transfering in Aug. And I was just wondering, I currently make 5.25 above my states minimum wage, will I get paid with the same ratio when I move or will I take a pay cut and be bumped down to the new stores minimum?

I wouldn’t count on it. Texas is federal minimum wage of 7.25/hr. Target’s self imposed minimum wage is currently $12, soon to be $13.

It’s not a matter of being above TX wage by $5.25. More like you are $.25 above Target minimum wage. Come June when $13 is the minimum, even that might be wiped out. I know for me, 10 years worth of raises were wiped out once we got to $12.

I’m originally from WA state where the state minimum wage is $11. But target still starts at $12... just like Texas at the federal minimum wage level.

Cali stores are a lot more hustle and bustle than other stores in the states I’ve heard. Get ready for a change of pace when you make the move.

As far as money, expect to stay around the same $/hr

You have to let your hr know too. So they contact your new store about you. That way, you might get the same job at higher pay.

will I get paid with the same ratio when I move or will I take a pay cut and be bumped down to the new stores minimum?

Assuming that your position at the new store will be in the same pay grade as your position at your current store, you will get whichever one is higher. If your current pay rate is higher, then you keep that rate. If your new store's pay minimum is higher, then you will get bumped up to whatever they pay.

Assuming that your position at the new store will be in the same pay grade as your position at your current store, you will get whichever one is higher. If your current pay rate is higher, then you keep that rate. If your new store's pay minimum is higher, then you will get bumped up to whatever they pay.

Exactly this. I had a cart attendant that moved to Virginia making TL money due to our different pay scales

I wouldn’t count on it. Texas is federal minimum wage of 7.25/hr. Target’s self imposed minimum wage is currently $12, soon to be $13.

It’s not a matter of being above TX wage by $5.25. More like you are $.25 above Target minimum wage. Come June when $13 is the minimum, even that might be wiped out. I know for me, 10 years worth of raises were wiped out once we got to $12.

I’m originally from WA state where the state minimum wage is $11. But target still starts at $12... just like Texas at the federal minimum wage level.
I think you misunderstand my question? The store I woyld be transfering to has a higher minimum than my current store and then scince I'm specialty I automatically get an additional .50 above that so I was just trying to figure out if my pay will go to that rate or if I would keep the ratio ive earned here

You have to let your hr know too. So they contact your new store about you. That way, you might get the same job at higher pay.
I did that months ago but she doesnt control what ill make when I transfer hence why I have THIS question.

Because you sound like a wall no other way to put it
Wow!! You're a self proclaimed wall whisperer? That is so awesome! Wait, what do walls sound like? How do you know what I sound like? Have you heard my voice? Are you my downstairs neibor? I've never met them before so it must be YOU! wow how exciting!!

It won’t matter , you still work for the company , do yourself a favor and change your name to beautygirl or whatever else but your name
It's technically illegal to use an online alias. Just like it's illegal to harras someone on a public platform, espesially a minor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back