Transferring into a Lead Position

How hard is it to transfer to a different store a new store opening? How does that work do you have to talk to your HR first and the other store or just to your HR/TL about transferring... I’m on the bench at my store and they’re no Leads opening... any suggestions??

Are you currently a team lead and looking to transfer to a leadership position at another store? Maybe try talking to your store HR first, and if that doesn't work, maybe just apply separately?

I've transferred several times, but I only have experience as a TM, not a lead. The HR department always handles transfers, hirings, etc., as I'm sure you know, so go through them first. To my knowledge, the only people actively involved in transfers should be HR always, the potential ETL that you'll be working under, and the SD. As a lead, this may be different, so I'm not exactly cognizant of the hierarchy you'll need to keep up with. I imagine district would get involved.

I could be wrong as well as ASANT, but if you are not a lead already, I don’t think you can transfer into a lead position. I am sure you could apply for that position internally. I would definitely reach out to your HR Leader.

For a newly opening store, you will speak with the new store SD. All of the local stores will probably be asked to provide at least one leader for the new store, so there could be an opening at your store that way. I would speak with SD/ETL about it and let them know you are interested.

Back