Archived Transferring & paydays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoomm

ex-caffeinator
I'm moving and transferring to another store soon, and I've learned that store is on an opposite pay schedule to the one I'm currently at. I keep playing phone-tag with HR there, and my current ETL doesn't seem to have dealt with this particular issue...

What effect will transferring have on my pay schedule? Will I just get deposits from my current store until that schedule is done, resulting in being paid a few weeks back to back? Or will it all accumulate immediately into my new store's schedule, creating an extra couple weeks' gap with no pay?

I'd really like to get this figured out before I call my new landlady up in a panic and beg for extra time to pay my very first rent check. :eek:

If you transfer on the pay week of your old store you will get paid that week and then again the next week (although that second check would only have one week on it)

If you transfer on the non pay week of your old store. You will get paid at your new store the following week for both stores.

I hope you have direct deposit. I've had checks go to the wrong store for transfers.

Last edited:
I do have direct deposit.

I'm leaving my current store on its pay week. Starting the new store on its pay week.

So I should get paid from my first store on the 20th... I start the new store on the 22nd, and being their pay week, I presume I won't get paid until the following pay week for that. If the last few days (October 15-17) from my first store get rolled into the first paycheck at my transfer store... sounds like I'll have a gap, and won't get paid again until November 10th.

Please tell me I'm wrong there.

So I should get paid from my first store on the 20th... I start the new store on the 22nd, and being their pay week, I presume I won't get paid until the following pay week for that. If the last few days (October 15-17) from my first store get rolled into the first paycheck at my transfer store... sounds like I'll have a gap, and won't get paid again until November 10th.

As long as they transfer you right away with your transfer date being 10/22. You will get paid on the 27th for work done the 15th thru the 21st. Then you won't be paid again until the 10th.

If you don't want to take my word for it call HROC

I'd love to, honestly, but my bank account won't let me.

I'm transferring in two weeks so this was actually pretty insightful. I don't know what the pay week of the new store is but it shouldn't really matter to me because I'm already done working at my original store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back