Transferring?

Hi everyone. New to this site. I am transferring stores (hopefully, still in the process) and I am having issues dealing with my hr guy. I’m not sure why. I called down to the target I’m transferring to and the hr said she didn’t get the email my hr guy supposedly sent about the transfer so idk what to do. I move in 3 weeks. Is there another option where I can still work at the target down there without a transfer after I move? TIA

Ask your sd for their approval. If you are not under 90 days, you should be able to transfer.

Transfers can take up to 2 weeks to happen.

It’s an insanely busy time right now for HR and on behalf of your stores HR I apologize if he hasn’t sent the email. Just be the (gentle) squeaky wheel that needs the grease this week and he should find the 5 minutes it takes to send the email, plus the few minutes it takes to transfer someone if the other store likes what they see.

everyone is busy, that’s not an excuse to not do part of your job. The HR is obviously lazy, like the rest of HRs at spot.
Don’t let them treat you so badly, you don’t have to beg everyday for them do their job. Ask for HRPB phone number, that usually gets them going.

Just work with your store on getting the transfer sent. You do not want to bagger them too much and then have them refuse your transfer.

@Planosss I’m jealous, it seems your store has the hours to complete the workload and enough people to fill those hours. It would be great to be at that level instead of struggling to complete everything and having to decide what can wait and what can’t. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe you can come over and help us get organized? That’d be helpful!

@Planosss is right though. HR is supposed to do that stuff, not ignore it. That is a main duty of theirs, and this task is time critical. A time critical main duty shouldn't be shoved aside in the name of hours, and no one should have to ask over and over and over for HR to do what they are supposed to do.

It’s also dependent on two stores. One initiates, the other accepts. If the other store is hesitating there’s gonna be a hiccup causing a delay. There are a lot of emails that are sent between stores before the transfer request is completed. Each store wants different things so it’s not always as easy as it should be. We’ve run into the issue where the other store doesn’t accept it for 2-3 weeks. We tell anyone who wants to transfer to expect 4-6 weeks before it can be finalized. If other stores are facing the same issues as we did this fall with getting less than superstar transfers they’re going to be more hesitant to accept them. At this point we make all transfers interview for the position before we will take them. I agree it should be an easy task, but please keep in mind it’s one of many tasks and literally at the busiest time of year for HR.

@Planosss I’m jealous, it seems your store has the hours to complete the workload and enough people to fill those hours. It would be great to be at that level instead of struggling to complete everything and having to decide what can wait and what can’t. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe you can come over and help us get organized? That’d be helpful!
@JAShands , I don’t want to sound like a koolaid drinker (which I am), but real leadership/management starts when resources are limited.
Our store is not immune to lack of resources i.e TMs, payroll. This is where leadership steps in ,and figures out how to manage the limited resources. We plan, prioritize and execute.
Now, a TM seeking transfer would be a priority, it impacts that TM greatly, I would go out of my way to help the TM, especially , when according to you , it takes a total of 10 minutes to make someone’s day.

Edit: drops the 🎤 and walks away.

Back