Transgender and Bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
But even before the Charlotte law was passed and all this Target stuff, nothing was stopping a man from barging into a women's restroom and doing something inappropriate. Sexual assault laws haven't changed.

it could be that the fear of being called out or noticed prevented men from barging in. but now there is no incentive not to.

Well, as I see it right now I think Spots little piece of paper on what to tell the guests was not sufficient enough to cover all the bases. It did not address the very real concerns of the female shoppers. I read it and was like really? That's what I've got to regurgitate to guests. Whatever. Also I do think the general public is thoroughly confused on transgenders and most people think they look like transvestites (you know, perverted men in drag) but it looks to me like a lot of transgendered individuals go out of their way to look like the gender they identify with. In fact, I'd wager that most people would not even be able to tell if there was a transgendered individual next to them in the bathroom. Besides, I've seen plenty of real women that looked like men at Wal-Mart and vice versa. I think this whole thing is much ado about nothing but I do wish HQ had not gone ahead and put this out front and center. I think we should of let some other companies take the lead on this and consequently take the brunt of this boycotting crap right now. I don't think Spot is gaining anything from this and before some of you start ranting about Target's doing the right thing for equality and other such social talking points, try to remember Target only exists to make money not engineer social change. Target's only responsibility is to us, the shareholders, and that responsibility is to stay profitable.

I havent given my opinion yet. Some of what I believe will be repeated.

Everyone has the right to pee and poo in our bathrooms, that is a given. With this policy in place, I highly doubt there will be issues with straight men who identify as men dressing up as women to go in the women's restrooms and cause issues. They were able to due this before this policy and they can do it after this policy, no change.

Those going with the AFA and want to "protect the woman and daughters", let me ask you this: Can you give us some hardcore 100% identifiable facts that transgender (in any stage) will assault woman & young girls at a greater rate than the "normal" females and males? Also, can you give me some more facts that show what type of person sexually assaults woman, young girls and young boys for that matter? Boys can get sexually assaulted too.

On to my store, not one person in management has mentioned this policy to us team members. I found out about it through this thread. What is the official policy on how to deal with this if a guest confronts you and wants you to make a comment?

Still tho. Probably already posted but bears repeating

Conservative logic on guns: "Gun laws do nothing because the criminals will get the guns anyways!"

Conservative logic on trans rights: "These laws that say only men can go in the men's room means that perverts will follow that law and not go in the women's room!"

Still tho. Probably already posted but bears repeating

Conservative logic on guns: "Gun laws do nothing because the criminals will get the guns anyways!"

Conservative logic on trans rights: "These laws that say only men can go in the men's room means that perverts will follow that law and not go in the women's room!"

try getting a gun in a courthouse or airplane after being patted down and sent through a metal detector.....

There was an incident just the other day, though I forgot where at, where a lesbian woman who was not trans but appeared masculine (butch) was harassed by a police officer for being in the WOMEN'S restroom. Now if she had been a trans man, isn't that what conservatives want? For them to use the restroom of the gender they were born as? So now if you look like a man but are actually a woman and vice versa you can't use either bathroom. Trans people literally can't go to any public restrooms now.

If President Donald "Adolf" Trumpler becomes a reality, all of those civil rights the LGBT community has so hardly fought for will be pushed back. We will immediately revert to the 1800s in this country. I know I said I wouldn't move to Canada if it happened but the idea's looking better and better the more this kind of shit is allowed to happen.

Last edited:
On to my store, not one person in management has mentioned this policy to us team members. I found out about it through this thread. What is the official policy on how to deal with this if a guest confronts you and wants you to make a comment?

Yeah, same at my store. No announcements that I've heard just overheard someone talking about the ETL HR getting chewed out by some guy over the whole thing. Oh, and the Flow TL saying they were getting tired
of guests ranting to them.

There was an incident just the other day, though I forgot where at, where a lesbian woman who was not trans but appeared masculine (butch) was harassed by a police officer for being in the WOMEN'S restroom. Now if she had been a trans man, isn't that what conservatives want? For them to use the restroom of the gender they were born as? So now if you look like a man but are actually a woman and vice versa you can't use either bathroom. Trans people literally can't go to any public restrooms now.

If President Donald "Adolf" Trumpler becomes a reality, all of those civil rights the LGBT community has so hardly fought for will be pushed back. We will immediately revert to the 1800s in this country. I know I said I wouldn't move to Canada if it happened but the idea's looking better and better the more this kind of shit is allowed to happen.

let me know if you need help packing come november.

We had several families transfer scripts out on Wednesday and they said it was due to our bathroom policy. They transferred to a new Neighborhood Walmart that opened. I was shocked because I didn't realize that those families were so bigoted. The funny this is I'm sure Walmart has the same policy, they just weren't bold enough to make it public. I say good riddance to those people. We don't need them at our pharmacy!

We had several families transfer scripts out on Wednesday and they said it was due to our bathroom policy. They transferred to a new Neighborhood Walmart that opened. I was shocked because I didn't realize that those families were so bigoted. The funny this is I'm sure Walmart has the same policy, they just weren't bold enough to make it public. I say good riddance to those people. We don't need them at our pharmacy!

those darn families wanting to make sure their kids are safe. so bigot much wow.

maybe the majority thinks that there is something wrong with transgendered people and doesn't want their kids around them in bathrooms?

maybe the majority thinks that there is something wrong with transgendered people and doesn't want their kids around them in bathrooms?
What's the difference between being around them in the bathroom and being around them in the rest of the world? I've been to the bathroom plenty of time with a transgender friend. We go in, we pee, we wash our hands, we maybe continue a conversation we were having and we leave.

What's the difference between being around them in the bathroom and being around them in the rest of the world? I've been to the bathroom plenty of time with a transgender friend. We go in, we pee, we wash our hands, we maybe continue a conversation we were having and we leave.

maybe there is no difference. but families might feel that target might become a cesspool of transgendered people now and don't want to be around it nor have their family around it.

maybe there is no difference. but families might feel that target might become a cesspool of transgendered people now and don't want to be around it nor have their family around it.
But they are around it every day just by going into public. And frankly, this uproar has made people nutty, I know transgendered people who won't go anywhere near Target right now.

But they are around it every day just by going into public. And frankly, this uproar has made people nutty, I know transgendered people who won't go anywhere near Target right now.

maybe this was the last straw for some people. i know from working at target that we had gay etl's and gay team members that had mental problems and would pick cat fights with workers or make fun of them and then somebody would say something back and it was this huge deal. i remember several huddles where the etl in question had to specifically address how things being said about him were not okay but then he would turn around and antagonize or alienate people with his behavior. i can tell you from memory that it was not a positive thing for anybody working there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back