Archived Travel Reimbursement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slated to do my team leader training at a store in another district because no one in our district is "trainer worthy". The store is about 1 1/2 hours away from my home store (just over 60 miles).

Does anyone know the travel expenses policy? At what point are hotel rooms given? If not a hotel, is mileage reimbursed?
Thanks for your help!

I used to work at a store that was an hour away from my home store twice a week, and mileage at that time (and in my state) was like 33 cents a mile. It doesn't sound like a lot, but at the time it helped me out a lot. Target is a different company now, so I don't know if they still offer mileage or not. The hotel definitely ain't gonna happen. I know the Investigations guys get mileage, but as to how much I couldn't even guess.

We had a group of 6 people help with the remodel of a store an hour away. Everyone was paid something like 28¢ per mile plus we got paid our hourly wage for the drive there and back. This happened less then a month ago.

We had a group of 6 people help with the remodel of a store an hour away. Everyone was paid something like 28¢ per mile plus we got paid our hourly wage for the drive there and back. This happened less then a month ago.

This happened to us a couple of years ago. I'm not sure what the reimbursement was as I wasn't the driver. We did have to subtract the mileage from home to our store from the total mileage to the remodel store, though. It was about a 90 minute drive for us. Would like to do it again if the opportunity presented itself.

Last edited:
It is one of the questions on turbo tax.

sure - "Did you have any un-reimbursed travel expenses."

Target has always reimbursed my travel expenses. I am a team member with the company over 20 years and have traveled for training numerous times.

you are correct. sorry for the confusion.
i have done only 3 training sessions outside of my store.(old days)

It's kinda difficult but you basically have to summit a expence under ehr and what it basically does is it calculates the milage but u have to subtract the time milage it takes to get to your store for instance when I did it it was 32 miles to get to the other store and I subtract 8 miles because that's what it took me to get to my Hm store... Also the time it takes back to get to your house so in total for a day of traveling in 64 miles but I subtract 16 miles ... Also if you pay tollway you submit that...also what I like is that target considers the time you start for the time it takes you to get to the store so you say it took u 1hr and a half then you will add that on top of the time you are training in the store ... It's cool because I got 74 dollars for 3 days of training .. But talk to your hr and tell her how to summit your travel expense because most stores dnt pay for it is usually district offices that pay

I'm Srry also for clarification target pays you the time you start driving to get to the training store and the time it takes o get to your house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back