Archived Trend runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that being said, I don't see why Spot can't just set some patio early, just like Christmas lights get set super early.
Because in some areas of the country it makes zero sense to have something that people will buy and immediately have to store somewhere for a few months. With Christmas lights, the idea is to put them up long before Christmas, and by putting them out early we give that option to those who want to put them up super early.

Here where it's cold, people want to get the lights put up outside before it snows. Makes sense. Having patio furniture available where everyone has snow-covered patios doesn't. We don't sell much seasonal right now, but we would sell zero patio furniture.

The first year of global bazaar did well for us. We need to think of something new for those spaces. Partner with a fitness machine company for New Year, New You in seasonal, or something other than pallets of TP and Coke.

Here where it's cold, people want to get the lights put up outside before it snows. Makes sense. Having patio furniture available where everyone has snow-covered patios doesn't. We don't sell much seasonal right now, but we would sell zero patio furniture.

The first year of global bazaar did well for us. We need to think of something new for those spaces. Partner with a fitness machine company for New Year, New You in seasonal, or something other than pallets of TP and Coke.

The thing is that the merchandise has to have to margins to warrent the space in seasonal between trim and patio. I was in an A-volume store when bazaar was the thing and all I remember from that is how much clearance we had afterward. I assume the reason 85% of seasonal is dually located is because Spot can't find anything to put in seasonal worth its weight. Might as well save payroll by going straight to Patio instead of spending hours setting what's currently there. Based on regions, the company does shift around set dates and merchandise depending on the climate. In the northern stores, Spot could set the patio flat and then bulk out the rest with cheap sleds/snow toys.

It would be nice if they moved some winter apparel over there instead of clearancing it all out. People in my area are getting upset that most of the winter clothing is gone, because we are just now getting into the consistent sub-freezing temperatures.

It would be nice if they moved some winter apparel over there instead of clearancing it all out. People in my area are getting upset that most of the winter clothing is gone, because we are just now getting into the consistent sub-freezing temperatures.

Buy it before you need it. Sorry we are not the only store that has their winter gear on the clearance racks. How seasons work.

Buy it before you need it. Sorry we are not the only store that has their winter gear on the clearance racks. How seasons work.
By that logic, we should go ahead and put out Lawn and Garden now, then have it go clearance in March and set BTC/BTS in April.

People want to buy things when they need it, not months in advance. I won't know if I need new winter clothes until I pull them out to wear them for the first time. And god forbid I lose my gloves or rip my coat in late January...I guess I can just buy some swim trunks to wrap my hands in or to stuff into the hole in my jacket.

By that logic, we should go ahead and put out Lawn and Garden now, then have it go clearance in March and set BTC/BTS in April.

People want to buy things when they need it, not months in advance. I won't know if I need new winter clothes until I pull them out to wear them for the first time. And god forbid I lose my gloves or rip my coat in late January...I guess I can just buy some swim trunks to wrap my hands in or to stuff into the hole in my jacket.

No kidding people want what they want when they want it. Why Amazon is a huge hit. As it is lawn and patio goes clearance here before the rain stops and the sun actually comes out. No one is ever going to be happy. In LA people are still wearing flip flops and winter coats are on the racks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back