Archived Trouble with GE ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GE ETL is not liked by anyone in our store, before him I was good at my job and happy.
Now I hate going into work! If your not perfect you get a write up, he is confrontational, lies to save his job. I am burnt out from every weekend and worrying about when I will be called into his office again. I am a SEA and I have been working every weekend since October and there is another SEA who has requested a month of weekends off twice now, she stands around talking to cashiers and even hugs and flirts with them and he says nothing to her. He emailed the whole front end telling us we could not go to any other leader, not even HR. We have had girls call the hotline on him for flirting with them and asking them to hang after work with him.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Before I go further, take what I have to say with a grain of salt cuz I might not have the best/right answer.

First, I'm pretty darn sure the GE asking you to not go to HR isn't enforceable or acceptable. So, I would recommend going to HR regardless. Now, that said, it might be prudent to have that discussion with HR when the GE's not in the building.

When bringing it to HR, keep in mind they might very well know about the problem if TMs really have called the hotline on him. Beyond that, also do your best to be both tactful and civil in how you address things. The more name-calling or similar you partake in makes you all that much less credible.

On that note, I would suggest phrasing that conversation as such to start with: "I feel that the front end team have been having issues with -insert GE name- and his approach/methods." From there, make sure you can give solid instances of his behavior that were inappropriate and how. The better those instances are, the more likely you are to get your point across. If you choose to bring up the inconsistent reprimands/talking to's, you might want to call it "inconsistent expectations."

From there, if HR deems it necessary to do so, they'll start paying attention to the GE's behavior more closely and if all goes well, you'll either see an improved ETL come out of the situation or an ETL moving on from the position.

Beyond that, I'd say just keep your head down a little if at all possible and do your best to work with the other SEAs and ETLs rather than against them. It might not seem necessary, but sometimes getting others to play nice/work better has to do with their relationship to you.

Hope that helps!

ETLs flirting with TMs..it’s like they don’t realize that will get them fired...

Why does Target hire such dumb fuck ETLs?

Last edited:
Hotline and contact HR on that ETL for sure. Flirting on the job is unprofessional at best and depending on the age of the person being flirted with potentially illegal if it goes past that. Save that email for sure. Hopefully your HR will call him out on his BS from that. If not, hotline again. Sorry you have to deal with a favorite-picking creepy ETL.

Is that the new title for GSA?

Service and Engagement Advocate (formerly Guest Service Attendant):
  • You are the face of Target and interact with our guests each and every day.
  • Welcome guests to the front of the store, directing guests and acting as their host.
  • Serve up an easy, no-wait experience at the check lane and all service areas.
  • Ensure every guest leaves happy and train peers to do the same.
  • Support the Service and Engagement Lead by managing front of store traffic and replenishing supplies, allowing the Service and Engagement Lead to focus on the guest experience and team development.
  • Provide a seamless checkout, return, registry and/or OPU experience by eliminating friction points for guests and team members
  • Perform cash office duties
Because you are taking on a new role for the operating model pilot, you will be expected to have new knowledge and perform new skills and abilities, including:
  • Guest engagement and loyalty-driving techniques
  • Loyalty programs
  • In-depth knowledge of front of store specialty services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back