Truck first

We are NOW truck FiRST, again!

‘After 2 years of repeating daily: zone first & pull one for one BEFORE pushing freight ! And being frustrated that these tasks were skipped and DBO’s were JUST pushing freight.
NOW we have to remind everyone to stop zoning, forget about the 1:1, JUST push the TRUCK ! Come clean. But IS the night team zoning and pulling & pushing the 1:1 ? Not so sure.

How long are we going to do this before we go back to ‘bowling” again ? Anyone remember ‘waving” the store as a team ?
wonder how long we will do this until yet another ‘GREAT NEW WAY’ is implemented !?

It's funny you say this because we are told the exact opposite. Zone 1st no matter how big the truck is. We are a group store and our new DSD says we are to be a flagship store and the zone should be perfect at all times. Hahahahahahha with what payroll.

We are also doing this new thing. "The cost of doing business." You guys heard this yet?

I'm laughing because I know what bowling is. I've done it once or twice. Target is so funny with it's weird terms.

Bowling is probably one of the more accurate terms Spot uses.
When I first heard it I was like WTF, then after tossing boxes down the aisles a couple of times it was like Yep, this makes perfect sense.

Bowling is probably one of the more accurate terms Spot uses.
When I first heard it I was like WTF, then after tossing boxes down the aisles a couple of times it was like Yep, this makes perfect sense.
I used to get in the zone back in the day, if the rush was on to get a certain area pushed before the store was open. Though, tossing some HBA or Chem products like I was on the Pro Bowling Tour was probably a bad idea in hindsight :)

No. Do tell.
So our SD is doing the calculations right now but soon it will be the TLs responsibility. Every DBOs shift has to be broken down into a schedule of how long it takes them to zone, one for one and push their truck. If for whatever reason a DBO is given more hours than required to finish their workload for the day they will then be required to spend their left over time helping another DBO who does have enough time scheduled or go help in fulfillment. So to give you an example on Monday I heard our SD say that grocery had 13 hours more than was required to get everything done. So she said they would have to send 13 hours of help to GM because they were underscheduled by 13 hours to finish their workload. We just started it so not sure how it's going to work but I'm sure it is just another flavor of the month. Just like care, grow and win together. That lasted like exactly one month at our store lol.

So our SD is doing the calculations right now but soon it will be the TLs responsibility. Every DBOs shift has to be broken down into a schedule of how long it takes them to zone, one for one and push their truck. If for whatever reason a DBO is given more hours than required to finish their workload for the day they will then be required to spend their left over time helping another DBO who does have enough time scheduled or go help in fulfillment. So to give you an example on Monday I heard our SD say that grocery had 13 hours more than was required to get everything done. So she said they would have to send 13 hours of help to GM because they were underscheduled by 13 hours to finish their workload. We just started it so not sure how it's going to work but I'm sure it is just another flavor of the month. Just like care, grow and win together. That lasted like exactly one month at our store lol.
We have done that at my store for a long time. The people that will backlash will be the people that like to milk there areas that should realistically be done much quicker. The numbers are not one size fits all we tend to give areas such as hba/ otc a little leeway. My store has been clean for nearly 3 months now eventually the tms get it. It has also helped alleviate my workload as i can see who may have an hour to so pricing or set an endcap ect. Or like this week with deal days qho has an hour or two to help in sfs

Our store has been been pushing "1-4-1" because that is a metric that anyone can easily pull up on the Zebra.

So here is a question regarding that.

In Workday if an item is "on hand" how can you tell whether it is on the floor on sitting in the back?

In Workday if an item is "on hand" how can you tell whether it is on the floor on sitting in the back?

I think you mean myDay. If an item is "on hand," then theoretically it is has been delivered to the store but not purchased yet, so it is living somewhere in the store. Very rarely is the "on the floor" number shown on the device correct, so I tend to ignore that. The "on hand" and "in back" numbers are usually much more accurate, but not always. In an ideal world, the number "on hand" minus the number "in back" will be the number on the floor (ex: if the device shows "2 in back (8 on hand)", then there should be 2 in a backroom location and 6 in a tied location on the sales floor). However, these numbers don't always add up for one reason or another:
  • If an item was delivered that day, there's a good chance it hasn't been pushed yet and is still sitting on the line. Clicking on item details will tell you the last time an item was delivered to the store. If it is transition freight or it came in a pile of repacks, it could be sitting under the steel in the back (unlocated) for days.
  • It could be flexed out onto the sales floor in a different location, but not tied
  • It could be in the backroom, but unlocated
  • It could have been returned recently and sitting in reshop
  • It could be in a guest's shopping cart, about to be purchased
  • It could have been picked up by a guest and put down literally anywhere in the store
  • It could have been stolen
  • It could have "said" it was delivered today but not physically been on the truck
Consistent auditing will fix some of these issues over time, but this is why BRLA, zoning, store ties, and timely working of reshop are all super important in the long run.

Last edited:

That's the craziest goddamn thing I've ever heard.

I saw a store put mini alarm clocks on each Uboat set to ring when the Uboat was supposed to be finished.
‘Can you say “stressful”. ?
Many a guest was startled When they went ‘off’.
‘I secretly screamed ‘bomb’ in my head.

‘’On the bright side - if you returned the Uboat BEFORE the timer finished you got a piece of candy or a bottle of water.
ETL must have taken an intro to psych course and just read about Pavlov.

We have started timers with write ups within last month after we got a new stl.
Noooo. I would be gone in a week.
I cannot push FAST.
I actually push correctly, zone as I go, assist guests, back-up cashier, answer the phone, help other tm’s, replace missing labels, fix sets if set incorrectly (especially mis-aligned zone assists), flatten my boxes . . . . . I may not be fast but I follow best practice, would be a shame to get fired for THAT.

Back