Archived Tuition reimbursement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target will pay for what it deems courses relevant to the job/business . For more details please consult your HR.

Go to the pay and benefits site. There is info there about what you need to do.

You need approval by spot, first. If you work at a DC, please contact hr with a copy of your classes you are taking. Once approved, you will get up to 3k or 5k back. I can't remember the exact amount. A store regular tm can't applied for this program anymore.

Here is the list of folks who can get it.

The following folks qualified:
Store:
APS, Sr APS , PMT, property mgt tm, & tl's.
Regular tm - no.
DC:
Regular tm(not seasonal)
Hq:
Regular tm(not seasonal)

More info at targetpayandbenefits.com

You need approval by spot, first. If you work at a DC, please contact hr with a copy of your classes you are taking. Once approved, you will get up to 3k or 5k back. I can't remember the exact amount. A store regular tm can't applied for this program anymore.

Here is the list of folks who can get it.

The following folks qualified:
Store:
APS, Sr APS , PMT, property mgt tm, & tl's.
Regular tm - no.
DC:
Regular tm(not seasonal)
Hq:
Regular tm(not seasonal)

More info at targetpayandbenefits.com
It’s 3k/year until it’s paid back completely.

If you are full time student...let's not give bad information
but you don’t have to be a student to get the payment I don’t think. I’ll double check tonight but as long as you were employed by target when you were a student and when you’re requesting payment they’ll keep paying you until it’s reimbursed minus any other financial aid you got

but you don’t have to be a student to get the payment I don’t think. I’ll double check tonight but as long as you were employed by target when you were a student and when you’re requesting payment they’ll keep paying you until it’s reimbursed minus any other financial aid you got

Right from E-HR:

Tuition Reimbursement
Pay And Benefits, Financial Well Being, Perks

This page outlines the process for tuition reimbursement and the eligibility rules.
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT OVERVIEW
The Tuition Reimbursement program can help you pay for job-related courses at accredited technical schools, colleges and/or universities. This Target benefit program is administered by EdAssist and governed by federal guidelines and Target company policies such as Team Member Handbook.
Note: Please read this tuition reimbursement overview in its entirety. Target has a zero-exception policy for any late or incomplete approval or reimbursement submissions.

ELIGIBILITY
To participate, team members must be:
    • • Employed at Target when the course begins
      • Employed at Target when the reimbursement is processed and paid
      • Not on a leave of absence during time of reimbursement submission and/or reimbursement payout
Exempt team members are eligible for all reimbursement programs.
Non-exempt Store Team Leaders, DC non-exempt Regular team members and HQ non-exempt team members are eligible for reimbursement for undergraduate courses only.
Non-exempt Store team members, seasonal team members and interns are not eligible for tuition reimbursement.
If you have questions, please see your HR team.

TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AMOUNTS
Annual program caps are outlined below:

• • $3000 for undergraduate coursework
    • $4000 for graduate coursework
    • $5250 for MBA coursework
Note: Doctorate Programs are not eligible for tuition reimbursement.

download.jpeg

The one part that was cut off of the above post... @NKG

ACCRUAL PROCESS
Once you have been reimbursed for the maximum amount allowed by your program cap in a calendar year, any remaining expenses can be accrued and paid in subsequent years (up to each year’s maximum annual amount of your program cap) until all of your reimbursable tuition costs have been paid.

direct from eHR

so basically so long as all other requirements are met and you continue to work at target, they'll give you $3000 a year until you're tuition has been repaid

The one part that was cut off of the above post... @NKG

ACCRUAL PROCESS
Once you have been reimbursed for the maximum amount allowed by your program cap in a calendar year, any remaining expenses can be accrued and paid in subsequent years (up to each year’s maximum annual amount of your program cap) until all of your reimbursable tuition costs have been paid.

direct from eHR

so basically so long as all other requirements are met and you continue to work at target, they'll give you $3000 a year until you're tuition has been repaid

According to you a regular TM could get tuition reimbursement. Just wanted to correct you. In addition, for the amount for reimbursement. I felt like the rest was irrelevant.

According to you a regular TM could get tuition reimbursement. Just wanted to correct you. In addition, for the amount for reimbursement. I felt like the rest was irrelevant.
No, regular store tm can't get it.
Non-exempt Store team members, seasonal team members and interns are not eligible for tuition reimbursement.

Well, I was thinking of enrolling in the HR management certification they offer for University of Phoenix, costs about $8,000. But it is listed as a Undergraduate Certification, I wonder if that would qualify. It's also a 8 month course so does that mean I pay the rest?

I was looking into it at another Local university but was not listed as Undergrad Studies.

Well, I was thinking of enrolling in the HR management certification they offer for University of Phoenix, costs about $8,000. But it is listed as a Undergraduate Certification, I wonder if that would qualify. It's also a 8 month course so does that mean I pay the rest?

I was looking into it at another Local university but was not listed as Undergrad Studies.
Spot has to approve your classes first. Up to 3k.

Also isn’t it reimbursement meaning you have to pay for it first and you have to have a C or above then they will add the covered amount to your paycheck. You still have to have the upfront cost

4000 for graduate coursework
Why does everyone keep saying 3k? Is it 3k or the respectable max for the course work? Max is $5,250 for your MBA courses and $4,000 for other approved masters courses. And the bigger question what about the 3 bachelors courses that are able to transfer to apply to your masters course requirements? 🐣

TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AMOUNTS
Annual program caps are outlined below:

• • $3000 for undergraduate coursework
    • $4000 for graduate coursework
Note: Doctorate Programs are not eligible for tuition reimbursement.
ACCRUAL PROCESS

direct from eHR
so basically so long as all other requirements are met and you continue to work at target, they'll give you $3000 a year until you're tuition has been repaid. Must have the class approved before you start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back