Archived Tune In Tuesday Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year, I've taken over the Tune in Tuesday revisions. Books-Movies-Video Games and Music. I set both Plano and SPL sets regarding entertainment on Monday. I don't do the check lane sets though (but, I probably should, since their stuff ends up in my pulls).

Anyway, I'm curious how your truck and backroom handle pre-set street dated media?

At my store: The kid that does electronics breakout for truck, seems to have a hard time with the idea of street dated material. He either pushes it out or doesn't sort it or just throws it in a box and let's backroom deal with it. Backroom doesn't really do anything with it. I find it in a designated area of lockup where anything they think is street dated or transitional goes, unlocated. This makes the pulls easy (usually less than 10 minutes), but means I have to scan everything on that shelf, to find out what date it's street dated for (Tues vs Fri vs next week). And now I tend to stay in the back and keeper everything instead of having the electronics TM do it (not all scheduled eTMs are the same). I'm just wondering if this is normal for anyone else here?

When I used to do it, I would have backroom simply backstock the stuff lile normal as it cane in. On Mondays, I would look on online planogram and/or the label strips for the week to see how much changes. 9 times out of 10, the new release endcaps change only slightly, with one or two products leaving the shelf and only a few being added.

When this happened, I would go ahead and tie and pull my new release stuff and set it aside in the electronics lockup with a note saying that this particular cart is for me the following day.

The truck TM separates the street dated stuff into repacks.

The electronics TL goes through them and organizes by date, puts it all in a 3-tier and leaves a note on the cart.

The backroom/flow TL removes the note and has it all backstocked.

My store has a single section with no wacos in our electronics stockroom designated for street dated product. We almost never need more than one shelf, but have seen two or three during heavy times.

Generally, most street dated and transition books and movies come in their own boxes that we do not have to reorganize. If we do have to reorganize, it is almost never more than just combining boxes. I close them back up and put them on the shelf. If something comes in through receiving or in a box by itself we just add it to a new box or a box already sitting there. We backstock street dated CDs since we do not set those revisions until Thursday evening or Friday morning when there is no chance of them coming out in pulls until they can be sold.

I always wanted to backstock street dates just so everything is located and the SFQ is correct when they get pulled, but we do not trust anyone in the store not to pull them ahead of schedule. We have had instances of TMs pulling street dated CDs for guests before they can actually be sold.

I always wanted to backstock street dates just so everything is located and the SFQ is correct when they get pulled, but we do not trust anyone in the store not to pull them ahead of schedule. We have had instances of TMs pulling street dated CDs for guests before they can actually be sold.

Whenever we backstock street dated items, we usually stick a note on the waco or shelf saying that [item description and DPCI] is street dated for [date], don't pull it before then.

We have the designated area in the Electronics stockroom as well. Our Electronics flow team member pushes with a PDA, but will swap for my MyDevice to push Entertainment. He puts all of the street dates and any shippers into the designated section in the stockroom. I tie and set everything on Monday, but the pulls are usually very small.

While I nominally have an area of the electronics lockup set aside for Street Dated items, it rarely gets used now. More often then not, street dated merch goes in the same wacos as non Street dated. The thing that stops it from pushing to the floor is that all POGs and Revisions for D58/59/207 aren't set until Monday night so it won't be pushed till after we close that evening anyways. D12 isn't set till Thursday.

For things like Nintendo releases I usually pull the merch and set it in that new release area, unlocated (AP is aware of the area, and its right next to a camera). My overnight and backroom teams simply aren't attentive enough to Street dates, and it's not a battle I'm willing to fight for when I'm having issues getting them to work the backstock there in the first place. Basically I have to micromanage it, but it's rare that anything slips through there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back