Turn up volume for in-store speakers

So our speakers that play the new announcements are extremely quiet and no one can hear them. So we've been blasting them through the walkies but that makes it all distorted. It's never been a problem because our store is not renovated and we do not play music, so just our closing announcements were quiet. But now that it's more important for everyone to hear, I wanted to see if anyone knows how to turn them up? They are the older style ones that hang off columns not the in-ceiling tile style. I'm new here, so I hope I posted it to the right place.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Before our remodel there was a knob on the wall next to the HRTM's desk at my store.

It was pretty much forgotten about until people figured out the intercom extension.

On the other hand, having louder music in the store's front end would not be helpful. We need to communicate with our guests at the checkout lanes, self-checkout, and service desk. When we received our remodel, the new front-end design created an amphitheater-like effect so when the front end is very busy it's QUITE noisy and somewhat hard to hear each other. I wished they had installed some acoustical tile fixtures on the ceiling to soak up some of the sound in the front end. It's much worse than pre-remodel.

On the other hand, having louder music in the store's front end would not be helpful. We need to communicate with our guests at the checkout lanes, self-checkout, and service desk. When we received our remodel, the new front-end design created an amphitheater-like effect so when the front end is very busy it's QUITE noisy and somewhat hard to hear each other. I wished they had installed some acoustical tile fixtures on the ceiling to soak up some of the sound in the front end. It's much worse than pre-remodel.
true but at my store the music is completely off in front end. I'd like a little bit to jam to :p

I'd prefer to have no music at all. The same 40 songs on day after day, and the ONE I look forward to (Applause) is only ever one once every couple weeks when I'm at work

I'd prefer to have no music at all. The same 40 songs on day after day, and the ONE I look forward to (Applause) is only ever one once every couple weeks when I'm at work
When Target rolled out music a couple of years ago, the music tracks were NOT repeated. The program mix changed continuously. Now, I notice tracks are being repeated once or more during the day. I stand by my earlier comment that Target and its music service vendor are "cheaping out" by now using a fixed playlist.

Anyone else notice that the admittedly-antique "My Sharona" by The Knack was played at least three times last week?? A 1970s Elton John track was played three times last week as well. This did not happen when the Target music was introduced.

Back