Archived TV wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
So any tips on the tv wall/ any stores already set that could take pictures? We start ours on weds and my etl wants to me to start it. I made a map, but what else?

We did ours this morning. I go in at 130, however, most TV wall resets are pretty similar. Ask the person who did the last one for advice if you need it

We did ours today. I wish two things: Let us come in overnight and send all new plastic sign holders.

Coming in at 6 was hard. By 1, we are swamped with guest service.

And the plastic sign holders need a reinvention. They come off far too easily. When I get a chance, I'm Velcroing them down.

Any one having problems with the 4k tvs? Turning off on its own. They can't stay on.

After we got done hanging, plugging in, and signing the tvs, the Target Mobile guy, who up until now had been observing and playing on his phone, ambles over and says ... Aren't you going to program the 4k tvs?

Let's see, I've been busting my butt since 6am putting up these tvs, plus doing 4x4's.

So, no ... no I'm not programming them. It's 2:25, and I'm off at 2:30.

And since Target wanted me to zone toilet paper and push the paper autofill for 40 minutes, our 4x4's today ... Someone else can program them.

For all I care, they can sit there the rest of eternity with blank screens. Because when I asked if for this one day I could be excused from 4x4's, the etl said no.

Sorry for the rant.

Me personally, Target asks me to set the planogram, which didn't include a class or tutorial on programming tvs.

Hmmm you don't have the Samsung display or uhb yet?
The far right thing has a sign above it. UHB I believe.

We started ours today. Should be done or mostly done tomorrow. We found one discontinued TV, one clearance 50% off not marked TV and one missed salvage TV. Go pricing!

Soooo we have about 5 tabs that we have no idea what they are, how do you label it in case you lose the signing? Obviously that's rare saying the sign holders are sturdy *eyeroll* and how do you keep all the display parts?

So any tips on the tv wall/ any stores already set that could take pictures? We start ours on weds and my etl wants to me to start it. I made a map, but what else?
What I came up with is I use sticky notes and write down every location--after I tie the new POG--of every TV and the last four numberes of the DPCI and stick it on the screens--I usually turn ours off so I can concentrate. I know the department:008 and class:09 by heart so all I need is the last four because we rip down bars and signing and everything when we reset. Once I do that then we start moving and shifting/sliding TVs to their new spot. I rarely ever look at the planogram except for the overview page to see how the TVs line up and how much of a section they take up. Makes it sooooo easy! If you have anymore questions let me know! I'm on here everyday!

We set ours today, had store services + 2 TM doing it so it was all on when we were done. We also used velcro stickies for the sign holders (Can't believe its been how many years an no ones done this yet?).

Anyone know the details on the special video feed for the UHD TV's the are installing? Are they upgrading the main feed or will it be like the samsung displays and will have its own computer and separate video roll? If it is the latter, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not be by the same people who (are not) doing the VG preview station.

The required bandwidth for true UHD is far to great to be split across all TVs. From our set instructions a third party will come in next month to set up the UHD loops.

The TV wall POG for my store was all sorts of screwy. The blue-print had box stock covering display TVs and even had two large display TVs in the same spot. It also showed one section having 3 small TVs but the line listing only showed two. I did like how the set instructions acknowledged that the small TV box stock was too large to fit in the assigned spots so they had to be put in diagonally.

The required bandwidth for true UHD is far to great to be split across all TVs. From our set instructions a third party will come in next month to set up the UHD loops.

Not at all. You wouldn't use a single connection point, you would daisy chain display port hubs. The hubs cost about $100 and you would probably need like 12 of them so it isn't a cheap process.. but it will eventually be a required upgrade for stores when all TVs become 4k.

Not at all. You wouldn't use a single connection point, you would daisy chain display port hubs. The hubs cost about $100 and you would probably need like 12 of them so it isn't a cheap process.. but it will eventually be a required upgrade for stores when all TVs become 4k.

I don't understand much of the electronic stuff. Including the tv wall. Like I'm just supposed to know how to program the tvs. As if it's inborn knowledge.

I open the tv. Attach the brackets. Plug in. Attach cable. And hang.

If Target wants more done by someone on POG, they need to train or something.

Now if someone comes on and asks about plants or cooking, I'm all over it. Electronics, nope.

Well, I have to say, if you can't do a basic setup of a TV then you aren't trying hard enough. It is like setting your alarm clock. The only reason you wouldn't be able to setup a tv is if you didn't WANT to set up the tv.

That said, a new displayport loop is along the lines of the original coaxial setup, ie POG would not do it, a contractor would.

lol you have your lg on the bottom, we had it on top. I wonder why.

Edit: Hmm you have many UHD TVs.. we only have 3.

That's the problem with pictures, different stores have wildly different walls.
Not even because of design but because of sales.
The stores down the road from me wouldn't have the 70" TV and we would have, or there would be three clearance TV's in our POG (which makes no frelling sense at all that weren't in theirs).
Do like the fact that they got rid of the sound bar displays, those things stopped working after the first time we shifted the wall and had to plug them into different TVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back