Archived TV Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BDS rep left me a bag of bolts for the Samsung TVs. There was also parts available from Grainger the exact size needed. The part # was floating around on Yammer for a while.

What is Yammer? And how would you have known ahead of time to order them off Grainger?

Target is just a shit show when it comes to planning. I'm the lowest of the low on the Target org chart. But I'm expected to solve all the idiotic mistakes they pile on. We got one bag of Samsung bolts when they added 7 new Samsung tv's to our wall.

Your PMT would know what yammer is, and it could’ve been ordered ahead of time because many stores set the wall last week. Mine was finished last Thursday.

Well, I don't know what he knows. He never said a word about it. I don't know to ask him ahead of time to check something that I don't even know what it is. Lol.

How would the first store to set the tv wall have known? That's my point. There was a whole booklet on how to set the tv wall. But the most important part, how to hang the tv's, had nothing, unless I missed it.

It may be that our PMT is currently also trying to watch another store because he wasn't even involved in helping us. And I think we got hours for him to help hang them.

Well, I don't know what he knows. He never said a word about it. I don't know to ask him ahead of time to check something that I don't even know what it is. Lol.

How would the first store to set the tv wall have known? That's my point. There was a whole booklet on how to set the tv wall. But the most important part, how to hang the tv's, had nothing, unless I missed it.

It may be that our PMT is currently also trying to watch another store because he wasn't even involved in helping us. And I think we got hours for him to help hang them.
Some PMT somewhere figured out the correct bolt size, found it on Grainger, and posted the part number on our forum for the rest of us. Most PMTs are helpful with stuff like that. Your store didn’t get hours for him to help, our hours are separate from store payroll. Technically he’s only responsible for moves on the top row, the rest is on store team.

Some PMT somewhere figured out the correct bolt size, found it on Grainger, and posted the part number on our forum for the rest of us. Most PMTs are helpful with stuff like that. Your store didn’t get hours for him to help, our hours are separate from store payroll. Technically he’s only responsible for moves on the top row, the rest is on store team.

Well if he's responsible for moving the tv's on the top row, he surely didn't. And wouldn't that involve him having time/hours to do it.

I'm not arguing with you, but when you and 2 other tms are left to your own resources to accomplish this project, it's unacceptable to know that there was no flow of information. Especially now that I know the info was out there.

But I don't know to ask about something I don't even know was a problem. If our PMT has the info, I can only assume he made a mistake in not telling us OR didn't tell us out of spit. But, I'll assume he didn't know.

Ask the signing tm if they received any new brackets for tvs. We received 2 new brackets last week and it came with some bolts this time (not a lot, but it helps). Thank god. BTW, any tips on how to align the tv on first try? Trying to get them to line up is a pita.

Last edited:
Yup our PMT ran to get extra big bolts too. We had lots of bolts but not enough of the really long ones that like every samsung tv needed.

The PMT should have been given hours to help with the top row.

The new TV repack boxes are a real treat.

I hate the TV wall.

Ask the signing tm if they received any new brackets for tvs. We received 2 new brackets last week and it came with some bolts this time (not a lot, but it helps). Thank god. BTW, any tips on how to align the tv on first try? Trying to get them to line up is a pita.
I usually just eyeball it, I don’t think there’s a foolproof way. If it’s within a half inch or so, a piece of cardboard or two under the bracket could level them out.

Only advice I can give is practice. I've been doing the tv wall since we transitioned from tv's on shelves to the brackets. So I'm better at eyeing it.

Your PMT would know what yammer is, and it could’ve been ordered ahead of time because many stores set the wall last week. Mine was finished last Thursday.
That's early. We were trying to sell them down as of yesterday. (we did the wall today). Yammer is their version of Twitter.

Who else had to have the PMT go on a run to the hardware store for more bolts for the Samsung tv's? What was Target thinking?
They didn't. That's the point. Neverthless, we had the extra parts because people remember. The only blessing about the TV wall reset is this.

Last Thursday, we had 15 clearance tvs left to sell and we managed to sell 8 of them thsat day. We did the wall today and only had to box up 3. Honestly it went better than expected. My signing person was even able to dispose of the magnavox, westinghouse, and polaroid stands and remotes that have been plauging the lockup stockroom for years

Last edited:
HQ was pretty late on getting the info on the long bolts out in time. I didn’t want to run to Home Depot so I just stacked longer bolts with washers to make it work. Atleast now we have bolts for the next time we do it lol

Some PMT somewhere figured out the correct bolt size, found it on Grainger, and posted the part number on our forum for the rest of us.

I missed that between the pictures of ducks and bickering over proper PPE

Who else had to have the PMT go on a run to the hardware store for more bolts for the Samsung tv's? What was Target thinking?

oh my god same

My PMT is using some sort of screw from the wheels on carts.

We don't have enough brackets or bolts. Tomorrow the pog TL to has to drive to another store for some. He is damn near a mental breakdown.

I am *so* glad that I kept a bunch of extra brackets from the last TV wall reset.

My BDS rep left me a bag of bolts for the Samsung TVs. There was also parts available from Grainger the exact size needed. The part # was floating around on Yammer for a while.

Yeah my PMT said there was supposed to be a bag of bolts but nobody knows where it is.

Yup our PMT ran to get extra big bolts too. We had lots of bolts but not enough of the really long ones that like every samsung tv needed.

The PMT should have been given hours to help with the top row.

The new TV repack boxes are a real treat.

I hate the TV wall.

I think it's ridiculous that the PMT is only expected to do the top row. TVs are fucking heavy. Like, what the hell is corporate thinking?

I missed that between the pictures of ducks and bickering over proper PPE

Pictures of ducks?

TVs? Heavy?

U07zWMt.gif

I think it's ridiculous that the PMT is only expected to do the top row. TVs are fucking heavy. Like, what the hell is corporate thinking?

Pictures of ducks?

HQ sent a survey to us I think In december asking if we thought we should continue top row support. I’d be surprised if anyone said yes. With some of the recent changes I could see it being removed from scope after this reset.

And yes it’s a long story. PMT social media is very similar to old people twitter.

oh my god same

I am *so* glad that I kept a bunch of extra brackets from the last TV wall reset.

Yeah my PMT said there was supposed to be a bag of bolts but nobody knows where it is.

Pictures of ducks?
Its Grainger, oh course ducks. TOUGH DUCK Hooded Jacket,Cotton Duck,Black,XL - 45NM40|512316-XL-BLK - Grainger - https://www.grainger.com/product/TOUGH-DUCK-Hooded-Jacket-45NM40

Also, Spot thinks? Finally you want the PMT to do the entire wall?

oh my god same

Yep we did the TV wall last week on thursday but those Samsung Tv's gave the PMT and I headaches. We also ended up using the Cart Screws!

My store understands and the PMT helps with the entire wall. He and I have done the wall for the past 3 years.

Being heavy is not the biggest problem, but try to lift it up while trying to push the button to unhook both sides from the bars by yourself. Screw that.

Lift one side, press button, insert orange backer paper tool between bar to keep button unlocked.

Adjust grip, press other button with other hand. Lift and safely remove tv.

SCIENCE YO :D

*unplug all wires before attempting removal

What I want is a 3rd party to do it. Hell, they had a 3rd party do the hand soap one time. But they expect people with zero experience to be able to set this and figure out the wiring. It's really a teach yourself thing.

And I love some of the supervisors who want to comments on it. Have you ever lifted a 70" tv 10 feet in the air? No? Good. Shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back