I'm Lost! Unable to complete all my tasks and stressing out about it.

Hey, at least you didn't refer to yourself as "The Captain!"

The Kartman approves!
beerchug.gif

edit: holy S kartman your signature image got unhosted

I always take one 15 but usually skip my second one, when I'm scheduled long enough to actually get a second one. But I will occasionally stop and browse a bit on the way to the back room or run into the fitting room to try something on, so I figure that makes up for it.
person after my own heart haha thats how I do it...I skip my 2nd 15 nearly every single time but I also goof a bit here and there when walking around the store so I kinda make it a point to get at least 10 minutes of goof off time while working to make it fair...my boss told me today to take my first 15 when I was talking to a friend/fellow tm in the back and I was like "I am on break its 9:08 and I'll be back by 9:22 at the latest" and she laughed and walked off haha I take breaks where I want and when I want because god damn it my shit will be done if it's the last thing I do ...for today. LOL =P

That's in every Cart Attendants case - but that's something that can wait 15 minutes.

id like to add my 2 cent on this. yes we should take our breaks, but for some like myself, i am in one area most of the time pushing produce or freezer that needs to be pushed back n forth from freezer. I like to think that being in the back, backstocking, is sort of like a break away from customers. I know its the law, and the law states we all should take that break. But I dont feel tired at all pushing. I dont do a lot of running, or getting calls most days. And its not tiring when you are in one area pushing. I figured, im getting paid anyway, i might as well stay. i skip both breaks, but i take my lunch really early like after 3.5 hrs later, just so i can actually get a good ''break'' sitting down and eating. pretending like 15 min is going to give you an actual break is a joke in my opinion. And also walking from my department to the breakroom is a waste of time. but hey thats just me. i like to kiss ass, and ensure my manager knows i get shit done. at the same time, i push at a slow pace so i dont get tired. i also work out (cardio) at a fast pace nonstop for 30 to an hour without taking a break, so im accustom to it.

again, dont listen to me. the law is on your side. take your break people.

id like to add my 2 cent on this. yes we should take our breaks, but for some like myself, i am in one area most of the time pushing produce or freezer that needs to be pushed back n forth from freezer. I like to think that being in the back, backstocking, is sort of like a break away from customers. I know its the law, and the law states we all should take that break. But I dont feel tired at all pushing. I dont do a lot of running, or getting calls most days. And its not tiring when you are in one area pushing. I figured, im getting paid anyway, i might as well stay. i skip both breaks, but i take my lunch really early like after 3.5 hrs later, just so i can actually get a good ''break'' sitting down and eating. pretending like 15 min is going to give you an actual break is a joke in my opinion. And also walking from my department to the breakroom is a waste of time. but hey thats just me. i like to kiss ass, and ensure my manager knows i get shit done. at the same time, i push at a slow pace so i dont get tired. i also work out (cardio) at a fast pace nonstop for 30 to an hour without taking a break, so im accustom to it.

again, dont listen to me. the law is on your side. take your break people.
youre fine doing that but remember that is 30 minutes you shouldnt be working and like me in the future bosses may expect you to get 30 min more or an hour even of work done sooner because you never take breaks and they dont know about that....also you can get in trouble if a TL or ETL notices...I was almost coached a few years back when my boss noticed me not taking my last 15 but now they don't seem to notice or care...weird but yeah I totally use the extra 15 minutes (or rather 18 minutes if you count commuting to and from the break room) to look better in my bosses eyes...i can knock out a three tier or a small u boat in 15 minutes ya know?

Doing the cardboard one fine morning, 20 mins left in my shift, 8 full cages and 5 mins away from making a bale, the TL comes back to dump some crap off and asks if I will be able to finish everything by my ending time. "Sure, no problem."

Doing the cardboard one fine morning, 20 mins left in my shift, 8 full cages and 5 mins away from making a bale, the TL comes back to dump some crap off and asks if I will be able to finish everything by my ending time. "Sure, no problem."
that's a job I used to do but is not a job for a specific person anymore...back in the day I'd stay, finish, sweep behind the baler EVERY day and cleaned up all trash under the line. I was tm of the month twice that year and then a bad ETL came in and would rush me out the door instead of letting me get the 9 hour shifts in by keeping it clean constantly. It immediately turned into a trash pile by the line and baler. Smh good job..now you TLs get to clean it up. Now it's some poor TLs job to do bales or find someone who isn't too overloaded on truck push and pog sets that actually knows how to make one. Sad times.

Far too often it's a choice between skip the 15 and deny your body the helpfulness of a break but get more tasks done which keeps your TL/ETL satisfied, or take your 15 and be put through the mental wringer by your TL/ETL for how little you finish.

Self preservation is more important than creating higher workloads for other TMs.

I posted this on another thread regarding breaks. Years ago, after I told a TL that I was going on my break, she acted like she really wanted me to continue working and started to tell me that our break was a privilege...I told her...no, I'm pretty sure it's the law that we get one, not a privilege given us by Target.

For anyone who doesn't take their breaks-
You do realize working through the two breaks you give spot 1/2 of your per hour wage everyday. Stop and think about that. You willingly gave up 1/2 an hour pay. Your breaks are your time to step away from the madness. Don't go into to the propaganda filled break room either. When you go in there how many people are bitching about...work. Step outside, sit on a bench, sit in your car find a mindless game on your phone to stop thinking about work. They know you're not taking breaks, they do. They will not say a word while it works for them. But I promise you if they suddenly decide for whatever reason they don't want you there or you are getting too big for your britches they will use it against you in a heartbeat. They can and will use it to terminate you if they want to.
Bottom line, you deserve your breaks, TAKE THEM

Back