Archived Unexpected $2 an hour pay raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at my last two pay statements and noticed that my pay went from $9 an hour to $11 an hour with no explanation as to why. I recently became a team trainer, but I know there's no normal pay increase with that position. No one ever told me that I was getting a raise (I've been working at Target for 6 months.) Could it be a mistake or a computer error? What should I do?

My pay was raised $1 with no explanation. I tried to ask some tm's but they didn't know/hadn't looked.

Could be the fact that target was easing the minimum wage. Your old pay may have been less then the new starting wage and they bumped you up

Target just gave out a bunch of cost of living raises. A lot of people at my store got one too.

At my store last year, my wage went from 8.79 to $9.50. This year, it went to $10.75.

Target isn't discussing it on the record, but what's likely happening: 1. They're matching Walmart's raises 2. Adjusting to state minimum wage increases 3. Trying to slow turnover/increase retention (probably not *that* big of a factor tho).

I recently got a $2 raise too and have been at Target less than 2 months. HR told me Target increased wages to match other retailers around here because they had such a high turn over. HR asked me not to discuss my $2 raise with other team members because not everyone got a $2 raise.

I just took a look at my stub and I got an $.81 raise. Looks like our FSR got bumped and I'm making $.25 more than the FSR since I'm in a N05 position.

Our ETL-HR "begged" for my .50/hr raise....then threatened to term me if I discussed it or my actual pay with anyone....then we re-hired cashiers at .07/hr more than my base pay....cause who cares if they pay me like crap after almost 5yrs?

Our ETL-HR "begged" for my .50/hr raise....then threatened to term me if I discussed it or my actual pay with anyone....then we re-hired cashiers at .07/hr more than my base pay....cause who cares if they pay me like crap after almost 5yrs?

Threatening an employee with any sort of retaliation for discussing pay is illegal as all get out. Your etl-hr is a moron to do that.

I got a $1 raise to $10. My ETL-HR brought me to her office and told me, also said to keep it private since not everybody got a raise. I'll be making above minimum wage... until January 2016 when minimum wage goes up to $10. Can't complain though.

Edit: wording.

I got a $1 raise to $10. My ETL-HR brought me to her office and told me, also said to keep it private since not everybody got a raise. I'll be making above minimum wage... until January 2016 when minimum wage goes up to $10. Can't complain though.

Edit: wording.
Again. Illegal. When will Target train their HR people to comply with the law? Probably not in my tenure there.

We got the base pay raise to $9 last year, and as a logistics TM at PG07, I was bumped up to $9.50 (plus my review raise).

Recently, the base pay at our store was bumped up to $10 in order to stay competitive with neighboring stores.

But myself and other logistics TMs were only bumped up to $10.25. It might seem trivial, but at PG07, aren't we supposed to stay at $.50 over base? And what happened to PG05?

I got a $2 raise too...well for working over 10 years I'm about $2 above starting wage is what I'm saying.

We got the base pay raise to $9 last year, and as a logistics TM at PG07, I was bumped up to $9.50 (plus my review raise).

Recently, the base pay at our store was bumped up to $10 in order to stay competitive with neighboring stores.

But myself and other logistics TMs were only bumped up to $10.25. It might seem trivial, but at PG07, aren't we supposed to stay at $.50 over base? And what happened to PG05?
In my store pg05 is $.50 above base, pg07 is a $1

The increase between pay grades is tiered. Some stores are $.25 between 3&5 others are $.50. It all depends on your area.

They did mid year increases at some stores to stay competitive and to help Q4 staffing.

And it's not illegal to ASK you to not discuss pay. It's illegal to retaliate/reprimand if you do.

The increase between pay grades is tiered. Some stores are $.25 between 3&5 others are $.50. It all depends on your area.
So then are some stores 12.5 cents petween paygrades? I still don't get how our store is paying PG07 25 cents over PG03.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back