Unload Time Goals

Anyone else having a hard time hitting their unload times? We're hanging around 1.5hr for 1500-1700pc trucks. Anyone else have better times? What are you doing?

That sounds about right. Our goal is 500 cases every 1/2 hr. Sometimes we do more than that and sometimes less.

The question is what are you doing? How many people you have on your line?
Where do you see the struggle? From the time you said above is not the unloader that is going slow but he can only go as fast as the line.

These are my trucks for tomorrow. Both will be done in 4.5h .( middle truck is Fdc) I have 5 people on the line and the thrower . 3 people on the front 2 on the back . On big double I support by switching the vehicles on p2 side only , I pull the Pipo out , I trap the bulk right at the front on p2 side and I put the skates in. I don’t need a pacesetter because my line is electric . First person on p2 side sorts the zone 4&3 off the line , second person on p2 sorts the combo off the line . The first person on p1 is sorting the baby repacks of the line. Everyone on the line is aware of what’s getting hit .
Is your line getting backed up because you don’t have vehicles? If so try and look at what’s getting hit and adjust the vehicles for example stationary For me store goes on uboats on tomorrow’s truck I’m getting 20 cases and 45 repacks now I’m gonna change my line , I’ll only use one uboat for case packs and a flatbed for the repacks that way I don’t use up 5 repacks since the sort can’t be taller than 6ft. Arrange the line to what’s getting hit in a way to save yourself vehicles to sustain that truck .

Attachments

• 6CA186BE-74D7-4D9C-B68F-D0760207029B.jpeg
    6CA186BE-74D7-4D9C-B68F-D0760207029B.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 29
The question is what are you doing? How many people you have on your line?
Where do you see the struggle? From the time you said above is not the unloader that is going slow but he can only go as fast as the line.
Two BOL, Three FOL and one throwing

Pulling the pipos out pause the line, they're usually double stacked so in goes the crown. It's not a fast task. Have he line paused for any amount of time is not good. Pipos are good because they push where you are on the truck up faster but they're not so easy to get out

Pulling the pipos out pause the line, they're usually double stacked so in goes the crown. It's not a fast task. Have he line paused for any amount of time is not good. Pipos are good because they push where you are on the truck up faster but they're not so easy to get out
You don’t have to stop the line to get the Pipo out even if they are stacked . My thrower always has a pallet jack inside the truck and moves whatever stacked Pipo he has to the left for me to pull it with the crown but I don’t stop the line . There is enough space in the truck to get the Pipo out and keep the line going. I find that getting the Pipos out is the easiest part .
Then I just call the dbo to come and run it

90% of the time our pipos are in the same panel of the truck meaning they are creating a barrier to the rest of the boxes, the ones that are here and there are not so much an issue

Back