Archived Upgrading through target mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pale

Half sweet, Half savory, Completely sexy.
Now that the galaxy S8 was revealed I will be upgrading to it as soon as I can, but I was talking with our mobile rep and it seems like much less of a hassle going through mobile than it is an actual provider store. Does anyone have experience going through mobile with similar things? Any mobile TMs here to provide insight? Would really enjoy going too my store instead of a provider location.

I upgraded from my iPhone 6 to a 7 through mobile at my store. It was super similar to going directly to Verizon except I was able to use my discount and REDCard, so I saved lots and with the money I saved I was able to get a good case. As long as the account is up to date and good to go and you have enough money, it should all work out.

If you can, go through mobile so you can save yourself some money. The thing though is you will want to buy this off the clock, because there always runs the risk of activation issues. Have your ID, your phone number, account number and especially the password or PIN number. They'll need stuff off your ID.

That should be it, but definently remember your password or account number. Common things that were always forgotten.

Have fun! Try planning out 30 minutes for the upgrade at minimum.

With that being said, Mobile TMs are a 3rd party not just to Target, but also to the carriers they work with.

If an issue does come up, be ready to wait quite some time. Their computer system isn't very lenient or forgiving, and doesn't have as much power over account management as you would see at a proper carrier store.

Even so, $300 is $300. Get it while you can

Our Samsung rep was in today talking with mobile and he had an S8 of his own (company given) and by god, it was the most beautiful phone I've ever seen. I'm definitely getting one on the 21'st, fuckin hell.

Our Samsung rep was in today talking with mobile and he had an S8 of his own (company given) and by god, it was the most beautiful phone I've ever seen. I'm definitely getting one on the 21'st, fuckin hell.

A friend of mine makes sure all the phones work on the Alaska network so he gets them months ahead.
The man walks around with three phones in his pockets most times because he always testing something, new OS, updates, etc.
He saved his company millions by not releasing the Note 7 up here because it would have had to be shipped out of the bush by plane in special boxes that cost a fortune.
He showed me the S8 a while back.
You're right it sure is pretty and he was pretty impressed which is hard to do since he handles all the tech out there.

Was talking with mobile again today and he said something that was kind of sketch, he said some shit about needing the account holders social security #. I'm not sure if he's trying to pull some shit on the side, joking, or is serious.

Was talking with mobile again today and he said something that was kind of sketch, he said some shit about needing the account holders social security #. I'm not sure if he's trying to pull some shit on the side, joking, or is serious

He's being serious with you. When you upgrade a phone you need the last 4 of the main account holders SS just to access the account and if upgrading it asks for the full social. I usually let the guest type in their full social just to make them few a bit better.

Correct, last four digits of social security If i remember right. Or reading above maybe the whole. I had someone tell me there social one and i started yelling outl0ud so i couldn't hear it. I always turn around (but with the phone in my hand! ;))

Should be:
Drivers License info (ID number, address, name, exp date, issue date?)
Email Address
Last four of social
Account number
Account PIN/Password if you have one (most likely you do)

And that should be it. All information needs to be the account holders.

I upgraded two weeks ago with Target Tech. Went super smooth. Yes, you do in fact need the FULL social of the account holder. However assuming the Tech isn't a moron they let the guest input it so they don't have to announce it to the store. Honestly I'd upgrade through Target again over going to my carrier (Verizon). Seamless experience really.

Good thing it went smooth. Sometimes via target tech they into bumps and need to finish or complete by calling the ROC or live chat - which can take who knows long. I had TMs come up to me expecting to upgrade on there 15 before.

Thanks for the help everybody! :D I'll be alone seeing as my mother (the account holder) will be out of town and I just didn't know if it was one of our mobile reps being sketch or telling the truth.

Thanks for the help everybody! :D I'll be alone seeing as my mother (the account holder) will be out of town and I just didn't know if it was one of our mobile reps being sketch or telling the truth.
To be honest the only reason it took more than 20 minutes was because I didn't come prepared with the account holder social and exact password, so I had to make a call for each one. I went in at open and left by 8:40ish. Easy. Good luck and enjoy the new tech!

What, what? Why didn't I know about this. I only work one day a week now would I be eligible? (Been with spot 1.5 years, full time for 1).

Yes, you are. I think I had to take a pay statement to the Verizon store and they did it.

I'll stick with sprint for now, seeing as I can't really afford my own plan currently.

Aw shit, might have to look into it honestly. Can it be added onto my current plan? Or do I have to get a plan under my own name?

Sprint is currently promoting a bogo samsung galaxy s8. Does target mobile honor carrier promotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back