Archived Urgent News - PLU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was because the Christmas candy/food went to 70% off today. I assume this was earlier than planned. It came over the walkies twice at my store. The LOD must have cleared it out. I know he DID change the PLU Clearance signs to reflect the new % off.

There used to be a message board for food related alerts when I was a PA. Redwire kinda replaced it... Or at least it went away and redwire was supposed to fill that same function.

We had this go off every half hour for at least 5 hours? Not sure when it stopped, but we came in at 3am and it was going off well after store open...

So one question from a curious GSTL: what is this and what the hell does it mean?
Instead of having to put clearance tickets on every single product... They just do everything all at once and put 7/11 signs in front of it all

I did look for message boards on workbench. I got hits for 2013 & 2014. Zero on red wire.

I found 2 places which directed me to check 'Urgent News.' One is in Pricing best practices, and the other is in how-to-be-a-mid-LOD. Glad to hear we aren't the only store that has to sit through these unclearable PLU updates.

In other PLU news, how is everyone else combatting the giant mound of abandons that grows on each endcap with a price scanner? We have tried putting 1 cart there, 2 carts there, more carts there, handbaskets there, nothing is working! Guests, I realize it's soooo easy to be lazy, but, didn't your parents ever teach you to put things back where you found them?

Anyone running out of shelves for the new seasonal set? Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back