Archived Using paid time off/giving away shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am really unsure of possibilities/the best way to go about it but I am asking for some outside opinions/ideas on what to do or if I just have to bite the bullet.

It is very important to me that I'm not working on Saturday the 7th of January through the 10th but I don't think it's possible to request it off via Paid Time off because it being two weeks out and such. (I have about 50 hours accrued) I am fairly positive I can get the shifts covered I would just hate to be out the money with all my pto available

Last edited:
So I am really unsure of possibilities/the best way to go about it but I am asking for some outside opinions/ideas on what to do or if I just have to bite the bullet.

It is very important to me that I'm not working on Saturday the 7th through the 10th but I don't think it's possible to request it off via Paid Time off because it being two weeks out and such. (I have about 50 hours accrued) I am fairly positive I can get the shifts covered I would just hate to be out the money with all my pto available
You can request out quite far in the future. I want to say I've done it over a month out.

So long as a shift is covered (if the schedule is already written) you can request vacation pay, etc without an issue. I've never had an issue when I've had to call out and requested vacation pay.

You can request out quite far in the future. I want to say I've done it over a month out.

So long as a shift is covered (if the schedule is already written) you can request vacation pay, etc without an issue. I've never had an issue when I've had to call out and requested vacation pay.
Okay I forgot to mention in the op that it was January 7th should still be okay as long as I get someone to cover? How would I go about getting that filled with PTO Hours?

Okay I forgot to mention in the op that it was January 7th should still be okay as long as I get someone to cover? How would I go about getting that filled with PTO Hours?
Once someone takes the shift and is in the computer it will show as a day of for you. You can then put in for pto for that day.

Once someone takes the shift and is in the computer it will show as a day of for you. You can then put in for pto for that day.
Even on days in the next two weeks (scheduled) I can use the PTO? Sorry if this is redundant it's just very important to me lol

Even on days in the next two weeks (scheduled) I can use the PTO? Sorry if this is redundant it's just very important to me lol
Same exact answer applies. If you are under your average hours you can request vacation or personal pay for any day you are not scheduled up to your average hours. Any shifts you are trying to get covered must be covered and entered in the computer for the other team member before you can request vacation pay for that day.

You can do up to 6 months I believe.

I am fairly positive I can get the shifts covered I would just hate to be out the money with all my pto available

You can still get paid time off.

A) First give up the shifts

B) Once the shifts are taken at the end of the week you can use your PTO to bring you up to your average hours. So obviously you couldnt use all 50 in one week.

I believe you can also apply vacation hours up to 2 weeks in the past as well. So for example, if I was only scheduled 10 hours last week, I can still apply vacation hours to last week to bring up my check a little bit.

I believe you can also apply vacation hours up to 2 weeks in the past as well. So for example, if I was only scheduled 10 hours last week, I can still apply vacation hours to last week to bring up my check a little bit.

Yes but recognize if you do it on a pay week you have until Monday 12 pm central or else it goes on the following check.

My HRTM won't approve any paid time off until after the week is over, unless I'm taking a full work week off. It's weird... I can request time off and get it approved weeks beforehand, but I can't request pay for it until the end of the week after I return from vacation.

My HRTM won't approve any paid time off until after the week is over, unless I'm taking a full work week off. It's weird... I can request time off and get it approved weeks beforehand, but I can't request pay for it until the end of the week after I return from vacation.

This is not uncommon. Its because we have approved vacation for people in the past then they come back maybe a day early and work and go over their average hours.

Its easier to give you your paid hours after the fact, so we can get it correct down to the exact minute. If they do it by the Monday of pay week you will be paid on time so its no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back