Archived Using The Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is may be a simple question, but what am I doing wrong? I was just quickly shown on using the wave when I'm scheduled for ship, but I can never get the wave to start. I climb in, insert the key, turn...flip the right handle/throttl quickly a few times, but it just sits there...and the symbols on the left hand side flash. I can't get it to start moving...know what I mean? What am I doing wrong...or not doing to get it ready for use? I feel like an idiot.

There’s a red button on the top near the right handle. That’s the emergency cut-off. Make sure it is not pressed down. If the wave still won’t start pull down the front panel on the bottom where you plug it in to charge and make sure the switch is flipped to “drive” not “push”. Sometimes people will use the button or switch to “reserve” the wave or prevent it from being moved.

Doors open, feet off sensors, left hand off throttle. If any sensors are tripped it won't start. Also has to be not in "push" mode

I never go on the wave. There's not enough space for me to properly cruise thru the backroom, otherwise I'd just go joyriding on the sales floor but I have no insurance of any kind so it is pretty impractical.

Get in
Close doors
Make sure feet are on sensor pads
Insert key and lift hands up above the throttles
Once long beep is done, place both hands on throttles and turn right throttle forward 5 times quickly
Get a trash can lid and broom handle, you are ready to joust

Alteratively just put the key in and turn it on before you climb in, some pmts set up ALL the safety regs.

There are different models of Wave units, each with different quirks about how you start them up

So in other words, ask your backroom TL or PMT instead of randoms online

My PMT showed me how to use it and then let me jump onboard and take it for a spin. I hope that elderly guest is ok...LOL

The, keeping the left hand off whilst hitting the right 5 times did the trick...now it's just gettign better at the actual steering/driving part...least I don't look like an idiot who can't even get it to move at all.

You'll know you've mastered the Wave when you can parallel park it on the first try. Only took me 6ish years to get there, lol.

our SFS TL (who has since left Target) was a god on the Wave

was kinda hoping he'd be able to train me before he left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back