Vacation Question

Hi all, I was recently told we could use vacation time that hadn't been accrued yet but wasn't sure the accuracy so I figured I'd reach out on here instead of looking like an idiot asking an OM or HR if it's obviously wrong. Thank you!

You can request days off in advance if you will have enough vacation by the time they come around, maybe that is what they meant.
Thank you! They weren't really too clear about it, and communication isn't very clear in general at my DC.

Make sure you have the benefits hours when you take it though. Otherwise time not covered will convert to accountable.
Thank you! Nobody ever explains anything around here haha, it's so swamped with new hires that you can never reach HR, the OM or my GL.

You can request them off without having the hours but they will be accountable hours and unpaid. Om’s just sign the form, they don’t track the number of hours you have or don’t have.

You can request them off without having the hours but they will be accountable hours and unpaid. Om’s just sign the form, they don’t track the number of hours you have or don’t have.
This is a terrible practice. I've had to deliver a few CA's and terms because people don't understand (or more likely don't care and hope no one notices) you need time to backfill.

But you can bet HR does. OM in our building start any reliability conversation with “informed by HR”

Back