COVID-19 Vaccine Pay

Getting my second Covid shot today. The first one gave me side effects (dizziness, nausea) that didn't show up until two days after I had gotten it. I worked through it but had to sit down at times during my shifts. Couldn't eat much. Was a miserable week, but I didn't want any accountable time. I wasn't aware of the time off benefit. I'm not scheduled until Tuesday, and I'm worried about the side effects of this dose. Some have said they're worse the second time around, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
My question is:
In order to receive the three consecutive days off, does it need to be the three days immediately following the date of the Covid vaccination? Or can it simply be used when/if side effects begin to appear??
I had a similar experience with my first shot. Took a good week for me to feel normal again. Hope things go well with your second!

Getting my second Covid shot today. The first one gave me side effects (dizziness, nausea) that didn't show up until two days after I had gotten it. I worked through it but had to sit down at times during my shifts. Couldn't eat much. Was a miserable week, but I didn't want any accountable time. I wasn't aware of the time off benefit. I'm not scheduled until Tuesday, and I'm worried about the side effects of this dose. Some have said they're worse the second time around, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
My question is:
In order to receive the three consecutive days off, does it need to be the three days immediately following the date of the Covid vaccination? Or can it simply be used when/if side effects begin to appear??
I happened to have the day off immediately following my 2nd vaccine, however, the next day when I was supposed to return, I still had symptoms, so I called out and they paid me for that.

My HR is denying me the pay because it “puts me into overtime”. I tried explaining how it’s “emergency pay and it’s separate” but they said the computer won’t let them put it in. ????

Update for anyone following along: I got paid for both vaccines and received pay for the days I was sick from the vaccine. Thank you for all you help!! Anyone having trouble with HR paying you just call HROC!

Update for anyone following along: I got paid for both vaccines and received pay for the days I was sick from the vaccine. Thank you for all you help!! Anyone having trouble with HR paying you just call HROC!
Did HROC take care of you or did they contact the store?

For those that had bad symptoms after shot 1--any chance you had COVID previously? I've read that those who have had COVID can exhibit more symptoms to shot 1 than 2, 'cause their initial COVID infection acts like shot 1 and then when they get the first shot it can elicit more side effects. Then shot two tends to be a nothingburger.

For those that had bad symptoms after shot 1--any chance you had COVID previously? I've read that those who have had COVID can exhibit more symptoms to shot 1 than 2, 'cause their initial COVID infection acts like shot 1 and then when they get the first shot it can elicit more side effects. Then shot two tends to be a nothingburger.
As far as I'm aware, I never got Covid. My second shot is giving me the same symptoms as the first unfortunately.

Sorry to hear about the side effects.
It seems to be hit or miss for people! My buddy ended up blowing chunks at work a couple days afterwards. Stayed home for a few days. Others have said they just dealt with the arm soreness. Really interesting to see how it affects different people. Either way, it's worth it for those who want it

I really does vary a lot! I had a pretty sore arm, and was tired, maybe a bit achy after the second shot (after walking around a lake), but otherwise not too bad.

My husband was similar--a bit tired the days after, but NBD. My 12yo was entirely unaffected by his first shot.

Thank you, that is definitely not on my paystubs despite several e-mails to HR. Guess I'll contact corporate if I decide I want it...

Back