VALID FOR CORRECTIVE ACTION??

I have an 2 issues that are related but not. First case I had gotten pulled into the office because I had left at the end of my scheduled shift but didn’t get the all clear from the closing team lead which led me to a warning which ok I see where you can screw me. Next week comes around I pick up shifts that lead me to 43 hours for the week. My TL comes up to me and rearranged my schedule around (DOES NOT FIX IT ON KRONOS) on paper. On one of those days I was scheduled to leave at 10 pm however she had arranged for me to leave at 9 so I don’t hit overtime. The next day I get pulled into the office (by the TL who arranged my schedule) and she told me that yes I needed to clock out however I wasn’t allowed to leave the store. Confused as I am? Yep I know. The next shift I work another TL pulls me into the office and warns me that if I leave without permission again that I will get a corrective action. My question here is okay on the first issue you got me cool but can they count the second issue if I was forced to clock out but I still needed to stay after anyways? Doesn’t make sense to me I explained that to the last TL to pull me into the office she said she will talk to my ETL about it because there is confusion. I’ve talked to corporate HR that told me it wasn’t right for them to keep me off the clock, I also spoke to a labor board lawyer that told me it was completely illegal and that if it happens again to call him. What should my next move be towards my leadership?

If you’ve spoken to a lawyer as well as an HR Corporate person, why on earth would you ask for advice here?
I need to know how I should react based upon my ETL. I’m legit in the middle of a transfer to another store in another city and a talk away from getting a corrective action. Anything I say could be used against me so I wanna know how I should approach it

Imo seems like a miscommunication that you were supposed to check out with the tl before you punched out at 9 but perhaps misspoken by them. Speak with sd and check out before you leave if you about to transfer a CA is something that could stop that and you don't want to prevent you from doing so

Imo seems like a miscommunication that you were supposed to check out with the tl before you punched out at 9 but perhaps misspoken by them. Speak with sd and check out before you leave if you about to transfer a CA is something that could stop that and you don't want to prevent you from doing so
Yeah there’s definitely miscommunication, on the first issue I see where I can be at fault however on the second issue is where I think they are trying to be intentional and telling me to stay off the clock so I can leave with the rest of the 9 o clock crew

Here's my advice:

Feed your boss's ego. Target has a yes-man culture.

Ask each TL you are having trouble with the exact procedure they want you to follow. Get it in writing. Then follow it to the letter.

Ask them how you can make their job easier. Go above and beyond and you might just escape with your job!

Be ultra-nice to them but not condescending. Make it clear that you want to help them but not move up (ie, replace their job. So they don't see you as a threat).

Here's my advice:

Feed your boss's ego. Target has a yes-man culture.

Ask each TL you are having trouble with the exact procedure they want you to follow. Get it in writing. Then follow it to the letter.

Ask them how you can make their job easier. Go above and beyond and you might just escape with your job!
I agree with you to a certain extent. I don’t think I should be waiting 15-20 minutes after I clock out for the closing team lead to unlock the doors and let us out.

But please just be willing to eat the cost. Take it as a lesson that will be valuable to you later in your career. You will have to decide if arguing is worth your job. I suggest being quiet and just complying. Don't talk to HR or the lawyer. If you do you will lose your job unless that is what you want.

One thing they cant do is force you to stay past your shift and if one tries id call your local non emergency number

But please just be willing to eat the cost. Take it as a lesson that will be valuable to you later in your career. You will have to decide if arguing is worth your job. I suggest being quiet and just complying. Don't talk to HR or the lawyer. If you do you will lose your job unless that is what you want.
Wrong if hes fired for talking to hr or lawyer that is retaliation and is illegal

Back