Venting a bit

WHS

Gimme that triple load
So today I got scolded for being too slow by a lead. I was given 3 aisles to work. 1 which was completely blocked off by rack puts. Another which had 2 order pickers working and per safety rules can not bring my vehicle into the aisle. Also they were literally on top of the locations I needed. The 3rd aisle I had to share with the person I was helping while simultaneously working around someone loading up the aisle with rack puts

I was already on their bad side for informing them I couldn’t fix waterfall locations (all in 1 aisle on 1 side of the aisle) while 3 order pickers were blocking them off picking the entire shift

My bad? Guess I’ll just ram through the other vehicles next time

So today I got scolded for being too slow by a lead. I was given 3 aisles to work. 1 which was completely blocked off by rack puts. Another which had 2 order pickers working and per safety rules can not bring my vehicle into the aisle. Also they were literally on top of the locations I needed. The 3rd aisle I had to share with the person I was helping while simultaneously working around someone loading up the aisle with rack puts

I was already on their bad side for informing them I couldn’t fix waterfall locations (all in 1 aisle on 1 side of the aisle) while 3 order pickers were blocking them off picking the entire shift

One thing you can do is ask them to please demonstrate how to do the work in a speedy fashion under the conditions.
If they have good suggestions, kewl, cool.
If not, then they can shut the fuck up.

Agree with Mr. C. Show me, do it, improve the process and when you fail to do so then shut your fucking mouth and get out of my sight. (if only we could say that.) I came close but exercised military discipline and threw the ball back into the asshole TL's court. She hung herself.

At my DC they made a rule early this year that you're not allowed to work in an aisle if the aisle isn't clean and empty. Say you're pulling FP or CA and go to break\bathroom and come back to a staged aisle. If you're doing FP you do the rack puts. If you're on an OP you let Label control know and then you wait for GPM to come take them away or someone to show up and do rack puts. A real shit show since the ELA screen doesn't show you if someone is working that aisle and GPM haven't figured out how to use the paper map provided to them where they can mark down which aisles are blocked\being worked and edit them as time goes on. Maybe they need label control to have a huge map of the aisles and can mark which aisles have labels out so GPM can drive by and see...

And wtf does GPM stand for nobody at my DC seems to know.

At my DC they made a rule early this year that you're not allowed to work in an aisle if the aisle isn't clean and empty. Say you're pulling FP or CA and go to break\bathroom and come back to a staged aisle. If you're doing FP you do the rack puts. If you're on an OP you let Label control know and then you wait for GPM to come take them away or someone to show up and do rack puts. A real shit show since the ELA screen doesn't show you if someone is working that aisle and GPM haven't figured out how to use the paper map provided to them where they can mark down which aisles are blocked\being worked and edit them as time goes on. Maybe they need label control to have a huge map of the aisles and can mark which aisles have labels out so GPM can drive by and see...

And wtf does GPM stand for nobody at my DC seems to know.

GPM is general pallet mover or something like that

One thing you can do is ask them to please demonstrate how to do the work in a speedy fashion under the conditions.
If they have good suggestions, kewl, cool.
If not, then they can shut the fuck up.
Their suggestion was to just go past them because that’s what everyone else does. And if our current OM catches me just tell her I said he said it’s ok. Like lol what. I’m a trainer/IM. The “I didn’t know the safety rules” defense isn’t going to help me when I get a CA

Bitch TL saying to bale faster to a guy. Response: if there was a way to increase the current flow (amperage) to the motor that compresses the hydraulic fluid (treat fluid as a quasi solid thus essentially incompressible once the air is vacated) compress it faster the ram may push faster but it does have a defined terminal velocity so that being said, you're a fucking moron, get lost. All the other TL's were pretty cool, this one was a loser.

Gpmers need to let you pick before loading isles with puts and need to be better at taking away the fp pick
those puts should have been done a long time ago so CA could pick and left you with a clear isle. Absolutely no fault of yours.

Remember DC LWW is an OM in training, so why would they have any common sense? How would they be able to understand the obstacles faced when trying to do anything When they don’t actually perform any work themselves?

I dunno. Kind of sounds like a skill issue to me. Have you considered trying to be better?????????
Maybe if you try hard enough you can become an LWW one day too champ. Until then you just wont be able to comprehend your leads vision....

Okay bullshit aside sounds like your lead is a dumbass that is focusing on the effect and not the cause of the problem. They need to plan better.

Their suggestion was to just go past them because that’s what everyone else does. And if our current OM catches me just tell her I said he said it’s ok. Like lol what. I’m a trainer/IM. The “I didn’t know the safety rules” defense isn’t going to help me when I get a CA

So their solution is for you to break the safety regulations.
That's some kind of bullshit.

Your lead sounds completely inept.

In my DC, rack putters and GPMers are expected to keep track of where full pallet and carton air is as part of their job. It's also listed on the startup sheet as to where they're starting and where they're going afterwards for the entire day.

Rack putters will loop the travel aisles looking for puts and if there's rack puts in aisles coming up, do them first. If there's stuff to go to depal or empty stacks of pallets, GPMers take it out of the aisle and don't stage anywhere nearby that they'll be going to soon.

If there happens to be rack puts in an aisle where someone needs to work, the label control person will radio out to a rack putter to come and do them right away. Same with GPMers if there's stuff to take out of the aisle.

Also, full pallet and carton air are never in the same section of aisles at the same time.

Honestly it seems to work out fine and everything is pretty harmonious.

Last edited:

As a WHS TL now I would say the next time to bring up the attitude of the TL and that they are telling you to break safety rules. The TL should've figured out your barriers and eliminate those barriers. First thing they should've done is find out why the putters never got to that aisle before the labels were handed out and would the LCS give you labels that CA was already in.

As a WHS TL now I would say the next time to bring up the attitude of the TL and that they are telling you to break safety rules. The TL should've figured out your barriers and eliminate those barriers. First thing they should've done is find out why the putters never got to that aisle before the labels were handed out and would the LCS give you labels that CA was already in.
It wasn’t warehousing / MBP. No labels. Doing consolidation work.

Dam so the capacity lead?
Yep. We constantly have people refusing to work with them because it’s such a mess. B1 does something. B2 undoes it. Rinse repeat. A1 comes in and does it’s own thing. Etc. The head of it is a bully who belittles everyone around him so the leads are constantly cracking under pressure. It’s a mess. The lead was a cunt but I also sympathize with him so yeah

Yep. We constantly have people refusing to work with them because it’s such a mess. B1 does something. B2 undoes it. Rinse repeat. A1 comes in and does it’s own thing. Etc. The head of it is a bully who belittles everyone around him so the leads are constantly cracking under pressure. It’s a mess. The lead was a cunt but I also sympathize with him so yeah
Dam. Does the Capacity OM have tenure? I know we have a few OMs that have or will try that but we also have other OMs/Leads (me) who will shut that shit down real quick. By all means and try to belittle me and we will have a problem. With the right phrases and wording even if HR is on the side of the OM that shit will stop. Granted the Lead has a lot of pressure on them but still doesn't mean it's OK to be a cunt to anyone.

Ahhh, I wasn't aware you were doing consolidation. In which case everything I said goes out the window. I've been told that consolidation has no prod and you can work at whatever pace you want. I was told that from a LWW. Maybe its just my DC?

Ahhh, I wasn't aware you were doing consolidation. In which case everything I said goes out the window. I've been told that consolidation has no prod and you can work at whatever pace you want. I was told that from a LWW. Maybe its just my DC?
It doesn’t have any concrete prod. The capacity lead just gets yelled at constantly by his dickhead OM and he’s in turn a dick

Lead warehouse workers are generally the entitled ass kissers who only got the job because they were their departments OM's BFF.
It amazes me how things have gotten progressively worse since the leads came into play. None in my DC have any clue.

We got a good show a few weeks back when a consolidation lead had all the consolidators run and grab reach trucks leaving zero for FP and rack puts. The WH OM and lead had a screaming match at label control, the lead really thought they were in right.

We have an Inbound lead who is a convicted serial child rapist that works very closely with the young girls on the docks.
Another lead got 3 TM's pregnant and then was promoted to OM and then soon after fired for sexually harassing some young women.

Leads are nothing special, they just know how to kiss ass.

So I wish our DC was still using the two pieces of equipment in an aisle rule. Much safer.

Back