Archived Venting...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell can I respond nicely to someone who is in a line at Guest Services saying, "Hello? Excuse me? Hello- can you help?" And points at their Target bag with a bitchy face. My reply, "No. I can't. I don't work up here." Other wise I would have fuckin helped and there wouldn't have been such a line. Don't expect me to be like, "Oh yeah! Sure thing!" After I was up there gathering my reshop for a while and sorting my own. Oh yeah, I can totally help. *roll of the eyes*. I know how to do damages. I don't know how to return because the logical explaination is that I wasn't trained. Do NOT give me attitude, Lady. How about being patient? Is that really such a hard thing? If only I could have replied with, "Oh yeah, just give me like a day or so to get trained and I'll be right back to help you!" Impatient people.

You replied the right way. Obviously you’re busy doing something but those guests expect you to drop everything for them. They gotta know that’s not how the world works

In the guest’s defense, they don’t know. They see a red shirt at Guest Service and they think you can help them. Before I was GS trained, I would avoid going up there for reshop when there was a long line just for that reason. It looks bad to guests. They think you’re ignoring them.

Or they can just use common sense and assume if that employee sees there’s a visibly long line and doesn’t jump in to help people that probably means they work in a different department and they can hold on for a couple more minutes lol

"Sorry, I'd love to help you but I'm not trained for guest services" lets the guest know that you acknowledge they need assistance without saying "no".

"No. I can't. I don't work up here." has a negative sound and that's what the guest will take away from that. Sadly, we have to explain things to them like they're 4 years old.

If at all possible, try to avoid the word "no" in any customer service oriented industry. This is why we have The Break Room, because the fucking asshole customer is a usually a twat (and not always right).

I still try to help out if I'm caught out at guest service. I'll let them know I'm not versed in guest service and not keyed in to do the normal "guest service" things since I only have cashier permissions, but whatever lmao. It's happened a few times now.

Well if no one else was up there with you then you gotta get someone there ASAP. assuming there were other TMs helping id say “I’m really sorry, I’m not trained or keyed in the system to process returns. One of these lovely people *motioning to other TMs* would be happy to help you once they’re done with their guests.”

Yeah I hate to say it but you have to make an effort to help the guest even if that means passing them to someone else.

When they are really pissy I pass them to my gstl or service desk team member who are able to deal with terrible people and still be friendly even if passive aggressive.

To just say no I cant help you is poor service. Reminds me of the girl on our flow team who told our LOD "I'm not here to help guest." If you hate people so much why are you in retail?

I had my fellow GSTMs teach me on the fly how to work up there so I could jump on when they needed backup when I was up there getting reshop. I sucked at it for awhile, but I am fairly competent now. If your ever feeling confident and are friendly with those at GS after awhile give it a shot, just be prepared for awkwardness and ask a lot of questions.

How the hell can I respond nicely to someone who is in a line at Guest Services saying, "Hello? Excuse me? Hello- can you help?" And points at their Target bag with a bitchy face. My reply, "No. I can't. I don't work up here." Other wise I would have fuckin helped and there wouldn't have been such a line. Don't expect me to be like, "Oh yeah! Sure thing!" After I was up there gathering my reshop for a while and sorting my own. Oh yeah, I can totally help. *roll of the eyes*. I know how to do damages. I don't know how to return because the logical explaination is that I wasn't trained. Do NOT give me attitude, Lady. How about being patient? Is that really such a hard thing? If only I could have replied with, "Oh yeah, just give me like a day or so to get trained and I'll be right back to help you!" Impatient people.
I tell them up front that I can't do it and will find someone that will and then I walk off. I don't care about your face. (they dont know me so there you go) Of course, i simply use a walkie if I must but usually i know who is doing GS and point it out. They rarely waith long.

In the guest’s defense, they don’t know. They see a red shirt at Guest Service and they think you can help them. Before I was GS trained, I would avoid going up there for reshop when there was a long line just for that reason. It looks bad to guests. They think you’re ignoring them.
I was wearing my beauty apron too over my burgundy shirt .

"Sorry, I'd love to help you but I'm not trained for guest services" lets the guest know that you acknowledge they need assistance without saying "no".

"No. I can't. I don't work up here." has a negative sound and that's what the guest will take away from that. Sadly, we have to explain things to them like they're 4 years old.

If at all possible, try to avoid the word "no" in any customer service oriented industry. This is why we have The Break Room, because the fucking asshole customer is a usually a twat (and not always right).
I usually say, "I'm sorry, I'm not trained to, it'll just be a moment." But when she pointed down at her bag and asked me like that, it's the end of the night, I wasn't thinking how to say it nicely. You could ask anyone in the entire store, I am the nicest person there. Right after that, I went on my 15 to take a breath because I know when I'm getting salty I should take a few minutes. We were busy af at 8pm and I was already mentally drained.

As someone who is crosstrained at GS, I do try to hop on and help when I can. However, there's times I just can't. I just let the guest know that the GSTM should be available soon and apologize for their wait. Otherwise Ill call for back up.

Yeah I hate to say it but you have to make an effort to help the guest even if that means passing them to someone else.

When they are really pissy I pass them to my gstl or service desk team member who are able to deal with terrible people and still be friendly even if passive aggressive.

To just say no I cant help you is poor service. Reminds me of the girl on our flow team who told our LOD "I'm not here to help guest." If you hate people so much why are you in retail?
I couldn't pass them on to someone else. Our GSTL was busy by the cash registers. We had only one guest service trained available helping people. When they called for backup again no one came because everyone was busy. I love helping guests! But when she pointed at her bag like that I got a little salty and wasn't thinking. I took a 15 right after that to collect myself because I'm one of the nicest people in my store and if I'm getting salty, I know it's time to take a step back and realize I'm only one person.

Wait wait wait. So someone literally said, “excuse me , can you help me” and you had to come here on TBR and rant about it? You are also wondering why you aren’t trained as GS? Maybe its your rotten attitude and the “rolling” eyes. Just grab the F ing reshop and push it like a bum pushing a cart of empty cans. With that attitude, thats where you will end up anyways. You entitled pathetic excuse for a human.
You are a Jerk. Get a life instead of putting other people who need to vent down. I am one of the nicest people working at this Target. I know how I replied saying No was wrong. Don't be a jerk to me when I was treated like a piece of crap and embarrassed by a guest who felt like I was ignoring them when I had smiled a few times basically letting them know if I could I would. Obviously you feel entitled to be a jerk too to someone you don't F n know and anonymously too. SHE did not say it nicely. SHE was the one being rude first and we have ALL been there you "pathetic excuse for a human being". You don't know me. I don't know you. Be respectful. Words do hurt people and you definitely don't know me or my background so I'm assuming you feel "entitled" to be a bully like it's High School.

Guests don't know how anything works at Target. They don't know the difference between cashier, guest service, salesfloor, flow, etc. They see a red shirt and a name tag. If you are the first team member they see they will ask you for help. They are sometimes oblivious. When a grocery TM is pushing a pallet full of milk by the video games, they will ask that TM to unlock a game for them. But the obliviousness is not entirely their fault. If there are lines, they will ask why a TM is just standing up front and not on a register. They have no idea that it's the GSTL and part of their job is to oversee the lanes. They just see someone in red and khaki.

You are a Jerk. Get a life instead of putting other people who need to vent down. I am one of the nicest people working at this Target. I know how I replied saying No was wrong. Don't be a jerk to me when I was treated like a piece of crap and embarrassed by a guest who felt like I was ignoring them when I had smiled a few times basically letting them know if I could I would. Obviously you feel entitled to be a jerk too to someone you don't F n know and anonymously too. SHE did not say it nicely. SHE was the one being rude first and we have ALL been there you "pathetic excuse for a human being". You don't know me. I don't know you. Be respectful. Words do hurt people and you definitely don't know me or my background so I'm assuming you feel "entitled" to be a bully like it's High School.
Shut up o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back