Sales Floor Very clueless long time employee

Hi everyone, you can call me Niki and I've been working for my Target for over 3 years now. It will be 4 in the fall. I am profoundly deaf and therefore I am always the last one to know things, so that's why I just recently found out about this site. It would have helped to know about it years ago, but here we are. So, anyway, I have a million questions on how to do my job better because apparently I'm Jon Snow (I "know nothing" for those of you who are not into GoT and therefore didn't get the reference.) Can anyone help me? Should I just list my questions in a thread or is there a better way to do this? I need like a mentor or something. Help?

thanks! so, did you mean like ask my questions in here, or should I start a thread in another forum?

I've been looking at the threads all day and it's creating more questions than I originally had answers, mostly about terminology. I can't understand half of this stuff, only because I don't know ANY of the abbreviations. I know LOD stands for leader on duty. that's it. Besides that I'm still clueless.

I've been looking at the threads all day and it's creating more questions than I originally had answers, mostly about terminology. I can't understand half of this stuff, only because I don't know ANY of the abbreviations. I know LOD stands for leader on duty. that's it. Besides that I'm still clueless.

For a lot of the terminology and abbreviations, look here: TARGET TALK: MODERNIZATION EDITION - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/target-talk-modernization-edition.22586/

original.gif

Welcome-Aboard-Devid-Tennant-On-Doctor-Who.gif

Welcome! Definitely search the forums— many of your questions may have been answered. We’re happy to help with any that haven’t. Also, reach out to your store leaders. I don’t mean in passing on the salesfloor. Have a sit down conversation to make sure you’re getting the training and support you need!

I am a relatively new employee. I found this site by just doing a little research about Target online. To this day, NO ONE at my store has mentioned it to me. 😂 Are they all secretly here? Or are they clueless? Hmmm. I might have to mention it to someone and find out!

I am a relatively new employee. I found this site by just doing a little research about Target online. To this day, NO ONE at my store has mentioned it to me. 😂 Are they all secretly here? Or are they clueless? Hmmm. I might have to mention it to someone and find out!
Just say my friend who went to college & works at another spot, told me...

A world colliding against itself CANNOT STAND itself.

And plus various assorted other whatnots.

This post was never here.

Just remember that this site is NOT corp-sanctioned so stay anonymous & keep the deets vague.
Otherwise, ask away as there's a dearth of experience here & knowledge not shared is wasted.

Just remember that this site is NOT corp-sanctioned so stay anonymous & keep the deets vague.
Otherwise, ask away as there's a dearth of experience here & knowledge not shared is wasted.
I hate to be the grammar police but dearth means a lack of something. We got lots of experience here!

Back