Veteran POG Team Member Speaks Out from Store #2070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow Target Team Member Lisa Piko Wahl is a 10 year veteran who currently works POG/Pricing at Target store #2070 in Grove City, Ohio. We interviewed her to learn more about what’s going on at her store and how it relates to all Target stores across the country.

TWU: Lisa, having worked for Target for so long what are the biggest changes you’ve seen over the years?

Lisa: When I started 10 years ago, Target was a fun place to work. Presentation Team Members worked Monday through Friday (except for 4th quarter) and got 40 hours/week almost every week except for a few slow weeks in February and June. I was the only member of POG who worked part-time hours (my choice). Target was proud to be “Family Friendly” and hired some people as full-time. TL’s happily adjusted the schedule if you had an important family event.

When POG workload was small, you were encouraged to cross train and then you could pick up hours in another work center. We knew ahead of time which weeks would have low hours. Now team members will be scheduled 38 hours one week and then get 12 hours the next week. We’ve been told that “nobody is full-time except management.” It’s tough on people who live paycheck to paycheck when you don’t have a reliable income.

Executives don’t seem to understand this. Their standard response is, “We can’t add any hours. Check the swap board.” In the past 3 years or so there have been increasingly more low hour weeks despite our store meeting or surpassing sales goals. Another big change is the workload. It seems like every day we’re asked to add more responsibilities to our day and still get everything finished “100%” and clock out on time. It is so incredibly stressful!

Read the full interview here

Man,I thought Target had the best coolaide.... this though, this is some next level sick shit.

This board is not here to promote other peoples boards.
If you want to post something to make a point about a larger topic fine.
I don't care what your agenda is, we all have one but you need to act with decorum on the board.
This means following internet etiquette.
Being a member of the board requires you interact like a person and not a used car salesman.

If you are here only to flog your own board move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back