Archived Visits every week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Neutron

“Gotta Blast!”
I’m just beginning to notice that our store has corporate visits every week sometimes twice a week... does this mean our store isn’t doing too well? Also looked at metrics and realized we never make any of the sales goals for the day. Yikes when will our store be shutdown? Will we at least get transferred as there aren’t many target stores here in Arizona...

I’m just beginning to notice that our store has corporate visits every week sometimes twice a week... does this mean our store isn’t doing too well? Also looked at metrics and realized we never make any of the sales goals for the day. Yikes when will our store be shutdown? Will we at least get transferred as there aren’t many target stores here in Arizona...
Usually weekly visits aren’t a good sign. Don’t be surprised if an Etl or two resigns soon.

Performance management is the same whether for a TM or an STL. You have to have a documented discussion every week. Also depends on the visitor. If it’s GVP or director level they could also be working on the DTL. If it’s just a DTL or BP it’s the STL.

Sales goal I wouldn’t worry about much. It’s about the guest experience and operational processes. If there is a gap (performance of the ETL/STL) that will result in lower sales and be reversed when performance leadership is in place.

It depends on what the visits are for. We have corporate at my store often but we also are a test/training store for a lot of things so weekly visits for us aren't a bad thing. They come in to observe how processes are working or how a transition set looks after completion.

After these visits at your store, is there always a laundry list of things that need to be addressed immediately? If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

It depends on what the visits are for. We have corporate at my store often but we also are a test/training store for a lot of things so weekly visits for us aren't a bad thing. They come in to observe how processes are working or how a transition set looks after completion.

After these visits at your store, is there always a laundry list of things that need to be addressed immediately? If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Is your store near HQ or something? I'll be sweating bullets if they come to observe my work every week.. not that I do shoddy work or anything 😅

Is your store near HQ or something? I'll be sweating bullets if they come to observe my work every week.. not that I do shoddy work or anything 😅

Yes, we are not the nearest store though. They get WAY more projects and visits than we do. Pretty much any store in the Twin Cities metro area is fair game for corporate to try stuff out at first. But they have their favorites because some stores can handle the chaos a bit better than others.

Most of the stores in my district were getting visits weekly by our group/district leaders all throughout the holidays. Now its down to maybe once a month, to see if were following the new modernization roll out...

YES you're store isn't doing so well. But it's as much of a support visit as it is an accountability visit. You're store can come out of it! Mine did.

Unless this has been a long term trend of missing sales for your store, I wouldn't worry about your store being shut down at this point. However, your store does sound like it has become a focus store based on the frequency of visits. Just do your best and learn what you can to try to improve sales through your own little corner of Target, the real heat's probably focused on the leadership and not you. These issues can be turned around. Visits are also much more frequent right now company wide as modernization's roll out begins in earnest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back