Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of this position? As far as I know it's new, but maybe it's just new to my area...

It sounds like a logical next step after assigning planograms to presentation to allow SL to focus on guest service. I actually really like this move and hope it's a sign the Spot is getting wise about the need to re-organize and create specific positions that solve problems. Guest service is hard enough in softlines without needing to spend hours remerchandising and moving all your adjacencies each month.

Would VM be responsible for the adjacencies and whatnot? If so, that would free up the regular softlines team to text and take selfies at the fitting room assist guests, zone, and work re-shop in order to keep softlines in decent shape and the TL(s) to actually lead their team and manage their business.

VM TL is part of the new remodel that is currently getting tested in a very limited number of stores. they are in charge of making all the new tables are picture perfect.

Are they actually going to give them a "team"? If not why not make it a position like signing team member and have them report to the plano TL?

Yes, they do get team members. The original intention was to have them be specialty team members (albeit at a TL pay grade) with brand team members to help them maintain the home innovation tables, but the position was expanded to a proper TL role when it was decided they would also oversee the softlines VIAs.

This position is still being tested. We learned about it during our innovation remodel meeting. We aren't getting a position to keep up with VM. Another store in my district is getting one or two Visual Merchandising tms. They will be responsible for the home focals, tables, and displays, mannequins, and PTM throughout the store.

Thanks @commiecorvus . Yeeaaahh I'd really like the VM TL to actually have a team. Sometimes I feel like I'm just leading myself with the hours we get... Also I'm curious as to what time of day the TL would be scheduled. Seems like part of maintaining visual adjacencies would be working at night, zoning.

Their schedule is decided on a store by store basis. The VM TL should be scheduled when they will be most productive, which for most stores will be openings and early morning shifts much like the POG team.

Their job isn't really zoning, but constantly replenishing and remerchandising the areas as stuff sells through (and setting them when they reset, of course.) There's a large and incredibly particular handbook of merchandising guidelines to follow for flexing, like that everything you flex has to match the existing color scheme of the VIA, that you can't put breakable stuff too close to nonbreakable stuff, that you have to keep brands and styles together, etc.

They also have to do a weekly conference call, and once a week submit photos of the VIAs via redWire.

A friend of mine just switched stores to promote to this position. Everything she says makes it sound like great pay and a great role. She has two brands that help her maintain the home focals/tables and Softlines VIA.

So this is kinda like a Plano TL except they own Visual Adjacency and Decor... idea seems great.. allows SL to focus on spl/pogs, brand, and guest service more. But at the same time, I could see the lines becoming blurred between SLTL & VMTL real fast!

Not to me. Shouldn't have to submit photo evidence that you are doing your job.

ETA: I can't stand to be micromanaged.
As a vendor I had to submit before/after pics every sore, every POG/table I touched. Management wasn't close, let alone the same state most of the time. AS a new position they may just be looking for free publicity material and proof they can flaunt around about how awesome its working out. Submitting pics wouldn't bother me at all. Plus it gives you more wiggle room when they try to say you didn't do crap.

I'm still not clear on whether this is a TL or TM position. The opening "Visual Merchandising Leader" is listed under "Sales Floor" and not "Supervisory" on the Target jobs page, but my ETL-SF says it's a TL position.

I was just on a conference call for this today. The VML is a team leader. Stores getting the home innovation remodel will be given an incremental TL spot in their headcount guidelines for the VML. The Visual Merchandising Leader (just VML, not VMTL) is a paygrade 17 position. It is not a SrTL and even if a SrTL is moved into that spot, they will no longer have LOD duties. They will have direct reports. Merchandising brand TMs will report to them.

The VML and their merchandising brand TMs are responsible for setting and maintaining visual impact areas (VIA) in home innovation stores. These areas include the nesting tables, decor flat, and vignettes.

They may also assist with A&A moments and mannequins. They can also be consultants on PTM areas and softlines adjacencies. Their main focus is the VIAs in home. VMLs should be a resource for the store when it comes to visual merchandising.

Stores will be given 80 hours for the VML and merchandising brand TMs. If stores have an A&A merchandising brand TM that sets adjacencies and reworks racks (or does more than just works z-racks), then that(those) TM(s) should also be aligned to the VML as a direct report. The VML will be a direct report of the ETL-Sales Floor that is responsible for home areas.

The VML and their merchandising brand TMs are responsible for setting and maintaining visual impact areas (VIA) in home innovation stores. These areas include the nesting tables, decor flat, and vignettes.

They may also assist with A&A moments and mannequins. They can also be consultants on PTM areas and softlines adjacencies. Their main focus is the VIAs in home. VMLs should be a resource for the store when it comes to visual merchandising.

Stores will be given 80 hours for the VML and merchandising brand TMs. If stores have an A&A merchandising brand TM that sets adjacencies and reworks racks (or does more than just works z-racks), then that(those) TM(s) should also be aligned to the VML as a direct report. The VML will be a direct report of the ETL-Sales Floor that is responsible for home areas.

Yeah they not getting hours tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back