Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn that auto-correct.
Many people were LEAVING Macy's because the position was downgraded so it was timely for Target.
It's good your store got someone with 30yrs experience (would love to see a list of all the stores you were at) but it'll be give & take in terms of learning.
Prioritize by all means for the job you were hired for but don't put yourself above helping out others because they'll remember that & will reciprocate.

Sounds like they had to compensate for seasonal hiring or lack thereof.

As for helping othrts- as i said my etl came to me and asked if i could do those overnites in a row- i could have said no- 45 min commute for me at nite there and home-so no- but instead I told him it would be a great experience and get to know plano and. Sinage teams better- and agai not ONE. of those folks have given me attitude or snubbed me-I have been welcomed- I believe comming in and getting my hands dirty with the crew strengthens our relationship

Actually i have done more than tree decorating- i have been working with them doing the planos-the ties and pushing

My position is to influence leaders in the store and learn the target cultore- knowing about pogs- how signage is done- even about gondola scaping and the hardware makes me a well rounded leader clearance m

So you've been there two weeks...one week was overnight...but you know they don't have to call people for back up for long periods of time?

If someone started at my store two weeks ago and did a week overnight, they would think the same thing. But the reality is, because we are coming into fourth quarter, our staffing at the front lanes is ramping up, even though the sales aren't there yet.

Get back to me in the middle of January and let me know how that's going.

I found it super interesting...last week corporate was pushing all the stores hard for sales. They wanted the stores to do anything possible to drive sales at the end of the quarter (probably why some stores had greeters, etc).

If they were pushing hard for sales, that means they were trying to make a final push for their third quarter report to investors. And that means overall we are going to hear it was a weak third quarter. This does not bode well for us or the vml position.

None of us are trying to be negative or bring you down. But we've all seen Spot pull a lot of stuff. I remember being two weeks at my job here and convinced it was the best place ever...and it should feel like that. But it won't last. And we would hate to see you crash as hard as some people here have.

Clearance master- they do not use me as cashier backup in the store- they made it clear that is not where they want me to focus- but im not beneath helping out in the store- for example- when my est asked if i could do 4 overnites in a row this week to help set xmas and c spot-I WAS MORE THAN HAPPY TO ASSIST- keep in mind i also live some 45 miles from the store so BELIEVE me my store and I have common grounds on its needs- as well as exactly what my vmml asks of me

That's great that you are learning POG and signing and helping them out. I know my pog team appreciates help when they get it. However, the not cashiering thing would not fly in my store. Anyone and everyone is responsible for helping the front end. One day I had to call backroom team members out of the back to help out because we just didn't have enough people. It was insane. You are lucky that your ETL team told you not to back-up just know that some team members may get pissed when they notice they are up there 12 times and you haven't went once. Do you help with the 4x4's and smart huddles? Do you have to help push the truck if they are behind or help with abandons? I am not being negative I am just curious what your store is like with these things because in my store we all do whatever is needed that day. You might be lucky in a store where everyone stays in their own depts, most of us on here don't know what that's like anymore.

Yes i hel with 4x4s and the team meetingbim part ot- my HR also encouraged me to " dress a notch up" meaning woven red shirt- as opposed to red t- shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back