Archived VML help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there is a VML thread, but too many comments to find what I'm looking for!

I've seen VML positions available online at other stores, and by the description(a vague one) it seems like something I would like to know about!
So can any of you tell me what a VML does on a daily basis, do you need a degree to be a VML? What is the starting pay? Anything that helps me actually understand what a VML is haha.

Thanks so much!

From the Vml tl thread:
The VML and their merchandising brand TMs are responsible for setting and maintaining visual impact areas (VIA) in home innovation stores. These areas include the nesting tables, decor flat, and vignettes.

They may also assist with A&A moments and mannequins. They can also be consultants on PTM areas and softlines adjacencies. Their main focus is the VIAs in home. VMLs should be a resource for the store when it comes to visual merchandising.

Stores will be given 80 hours for the VML and merchandising brand TMs. If stores have an A&A merchandising brand TM that sets adjacencies and reworks racks (or does more than just works z-racks), then that(those) TM(s) should also be aligned to the VML as a direct report. The VML will be a direct report of the ETL-Sales Floor that is responsible for home areas.
Thanks
sigma7, Jun 15, 2015

From the Vml tl thread:
The VML is a team leader. Stores getting the home innovation remodel will be given an incremental TL spot in their headcount guidelines for the VML. The Visual Merchandising Leader (just VML, not VMTL) is a paygrade 17 position. It is not a SrTL and even if a SrTL is moved into that spot, they will no longer have LOD duties. They will have direct reports. Merchandising brand TMs will report to them.

sigma7, Jun 15, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back