Archived VML in charge of SL adjacencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today my store asked me if I would like to be fully in charge of softlines adjacencies.... scheduling the team, making sure POGs are set, etc. I am extremely comfortable working in softlines, but it makes me question the role of the actual softlines TL... does anyone else have a similar setup at their store? Should I ask for a raise if I accept the responsibility? What should I expect? Any input is appreciated!

Vml are the ones who tell the brand tm to do the new VA. You might be the brand tm. Start asking a lot if questions to mgt.

Last edited:
VML seems to be a pretty undefined position. It seems that each store decides what VML does. Mine does adjacencies. We are small, and don't have a SLTL.

At my store, SL TM's do the adjacency and POGs with the hours coming from presentation. As the SLTL, I map out POGs and schedule who I'd like to do them. VML will help them if I'm not there, but really I don't see how this falls under VML. They are there to remerchandise when the VA or trend runs break.

My store has our ETL-SF ultimately in charge of all adjacencies and POGs. We don't have brand tms, so regular softlines tms and occasionally regular presentation tms do them (scheduled under presentation). The softlines and VM TLs have little say when it comes to the scheduling, but they decide what they want done when. My SLTL has more of a say because she's been with Target for years, and the VMTL has other responsibilities of course.

Thanks for the input everyone. We have one brand TM, but he doesn't get scheduled to do any brand things besides VA. They said I get to write the schedule and choose which team members I feel would do a good job... but crrently my SLTL schedules herself to do adjacency... idk how this would work if she still wants to be scheduled...? They said my eye would help a lot if the merchandising issues they see and hopefully save hours and work for me in the long run. I like the idea, but I'm not sure I like the added responsibility without a pay increase...

I think it would be worth your while to work with those who do the adjacency and give pointers for merchandising when the adjacency doesn't work for your store. But your store gets 40 hours for VML and that's where you should be scheduled.

Curious as to how all those Macy's folk who started last year ended up faring but that's another thread, I'm sure.

VMLs seem to be most successful when they aren't being forced to replace the work of other TLs (i.e. Setting sales planners and adjacencies).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back